Ennio Morricone passed away

8 minutes ago, RaniK_ said:

I had no idea he was still alive. RIP legend.

He fell and broke his hip or leg I think, died from ensuing complications 

What a lame way to go for anyone though, I'm sure none of us can imagine dying from a stupid fall, getting old sucks

Edited by bhytre
1 minute ago, bhytre said:

lol that's how legends die. :salute:

6 minutes ago, bhytre said:

What a lame way to go for anyone though, I'm sure none of us can imagine dying from a stupid fall, getting old sucks

Awful. Having a fall that age is life threatening. 

2 hours ago, bhytre said:

I've seen it happen to my friend's grandfather, first-hand. He mistook a small two-step stairway (because it was carpeted in a pattern) and he fell, but he fell over a brick fireplace area and his hip hit the very corner of the bricks.

Broke his hip.

Became bed-ridden. They just drugged him up. And he slowly had has mind fade away until he was nothing.

If you are old and you lose your ability to walk, you're practically a goner.

This one hurts, since I had never really watched spaghetti westerns as a kid, the first time I came across Ennio Morricone was through American movies, specifically The Untouchables.

And I wasn't into movie soundtracks, but even as a kid I knew this music was glorious, it made the movie so much better.

I was in a thrift store 10 years ago, and came across the soundtrack on vinyl and bought it, even though I wouldn't even get into playing or owning a record player for about 8 years.

There's alot of the other spaghetti western music that I like, but these are probably the two I like the most:

Its just Ennio Morricone and John Williams at the top

I had an debate with someone a few years ago who tried to say Hans Zimmer is up there with John Williams and Morricone :mindblown:

I liked his Gladiator and Pirates of the Caribbean scores but other than that he’s just decent

59 minutes ago, Delita said:

I had an debate with someone a few years ago who tried to say Hans Zimmer is up there with John Williams and Morricone :mindblown:

I liked his Gladiator and Pirates of the Caribbean scores but other than that he’s just decent

Hans might be lacking because he's always locked up in his own room. 

1 hour ago, Delita said:

If he continued making great scores for the next two decades, he'll probably get there.

Dude made some pretty great scores in the 90's

1 hour ago, Delita said:

So you're a more Hans off type of person I'm guessing? :disco: