Why the hell are controllers so expensive

low cost, high return item. i'm sure they're using controller sales to offest the losses they take in hardware, controllers are a necessity to use the damned console so they know they can charge whatever they want.

Microsoft for instance can't sell a console to save their lives, so they flood the market with a million different controller options which are extremely cheap to produce.

8 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

$70 for a dualshock 4, a 7 year old console. :|

My current one is a piece of shit, and the analogs are drifting.

Never had any issue with Dualshock before.

Did you try opening it up and cleaning it? There's videos on youtube. It started happening within 2-3 years for this controller.  I've done it a few times and it helps a bit but it's still there and eventually comes back. I can't remember this shit happening on ps2 or ps3 and that it's not even a third party controller :poop:. In fact, this shit has never happened to me on any other controller for any other system ever. these chinese people are getting lazy

some people treat controllers like a dildo, never understood how people can obliterate them to the point of breaking.

buttons don't even go down, analog sticks jank and make screeching noises, trigger buttons are a complete mess, cracks and scratches everywhere........

I've seen it all and the only possible explanation is playing beat em ups 24/7 but even then its hard to believe how absolutely ANNIHILATED some controllers get. 

all of my pads are still working, always cleaned them as soon as they felt even remotely sticky or sweaty and just didn't fucking rape that poor thing like other people do. 

my older brother destroys a controller in a few months, my first ps3 controller which i had used for YEARS was in perfect condition - when I got it back from him it looked like it went through ww1 and ww2 combined.

so yeah, just stop fucking your controllers, literally.

5 hours ago, kaz BLackMage said:

some people treat controllers like a dildo, never understood how people can obliterate them to the point of breaking.

buttons don't even go down, analog sticks jank and make screeching noises, trigger buttons are a complete mess, cracks and scratches everywhere........

I've seen it all and the only possible explanation is playing beat em ups 24/7 but even then its hard to believe how absolutely ANNIHILATED some controllers get. 

all of my pads are still working, always cleaned them as soon as they felt even remotely sticky or sweaty and just didn't fucking rape that poor thing like other people do. 

my older brother destroys a controller in a few months, my first ps3 controller which i had used for YEARS was in perfect condition - when I got it back from him it looked like it went through ww1 and ww2 combined.

so yeah, just stop fucking your controllers, literally.

I had a Dualshock 4 from my fat PS4 and no issues, then I traded it in complete for an Xbox One.

Then bought myself a slim with this controller and it crapped out in two years.

Forget about opening this flimsy thing.

7 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I had a Dualshock 4 from my fat PS4 and no issues, then I traded it in complete for an Xbox One.

Then bought myself a slim with this controller and it crapped out in two years.

Forget about opening this flimsy thing.

That's just the reality of having PS4 as your main platform. When you play PS4 the most the controller tends to deteriorate from wear and tear. It is why your Xbox One controller will forever stay immaculate. :reg: