Which sci-fi invention are you looking forward to the most?

I always wanted a food replicator from Star Trek but the holodeck beats everything.

I think VR is the very first step for that to happen, basically like one part of it. 

Imagine in a few hundred years we can digitalize ourselves in a way. like transporting our consciousness via brain impulses to a usb stick and then you plug yourself into a the holodeck. 

and you could live through any scenario you want, just like games are created now but they will feel real, you could toggle on and off all feelings/sensations.

you could go to burger king and order a million big macs :aitch:  or jump off a building with pain receptors enabled :aitch: :aitch:   endless possibilities.  

I always wondered how most of the Star Trek characters withstand the sweet, sweet addiction of the holodeck. Like who would give a fuck about real life if you could do whatever you want. 

1 hour ago, James Skywalker said:

I wish you could send silent texts and have apps for phone where you didn’t get calls when you were sleeping

So something like a 'silent' mode. :lupe:

18 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Not everyone uses silent mode, though. People don’t want to bother turning it on or forget. So the option of silent texts would be great

1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

There's another mode besides this one? :wow:

Seriously, I've had my phone on silent for like 15 years. :ben:

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Motorized rollerskates.

But like good motorized rollerskates, not what they have now.

You get to choose anything that could be thought of or imagined, and have it right now; and that's what you pick? :drake:

coyotes-rocket-ride.gif

-Something that can scan your brain activity and dreams and convert them to video 

-Transplanting your brain or consciousness into a metal body for a near eternal life

-scrambler that makes women unable to talk

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, bhytre said:

-Something that can scan your brain activity and dreams and convert them to video 

-Transplanting your brain or consciousness into a metal body for a near eternal life

Damn this nigga looking to strike-out via non-verbal cues :tom:

Edited by ChupacabraIII
14 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Fuck brain transplants, consciousness transferring would be what is truly needed. Every part of you could die but you'd live on forever digitally.

Lawnmower Man shit.