So was Jonb banned or did he just stop posting here?

1 minute ago, Liquid said:

I think creating a subforum was  good idea in order to keep the main board on topic of gaming and tech stuff. My one critique would be people creating topics in the main board that should have been in the other one.  Inproper thread making shouldn't even be given the energy of moving and should be automatically locked. 

yeah, this is one of the things i'm touching on. but i think the subforum was a disaster because it wasn't monitored. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't blame him, everybody is suddenly into politics and not interested in discussing anything else. shit's annoying.

I'm done posting here.  I glance at the forum here and there to see if there is any gaming news but I dont plan to continue posting here.    This place sucks . All political garbage , the sa

Yall take care too.  Stay away from the rona . Except the sheep . Yall can eat Rona tainted dicks LOL TSHBO

2 minutes ago, Liquid said:

I think creating a subforum was  good idea in order to keep the main board on topic of gaming and tech stuff. My one critique would be people creating topics in the main board that should have been in the other one.  Inproper thread making shouldn't even be given the energy of moving and should be automatically locked. 

yeah exactly what I said. I don't even understand how a certain someone could be offended by "all the politics" talk because it's separate from the SW forum to begin with. smh.

4 minutes ago, Saucer said:

You're confused about why spam is a problem? Before this board got political and you and Jerry wound up on the same political team, you thought Jerry's spamming was as retarded and annoying as everyone else. I mean you can pretend to play dumb but it's kind of silly.

Revisionist and skewed history is your forte. Not agreeing with someone and spam are two different things. Spam is someone simply posting large volumes of nonsense in a vacuum. Replying to actual post with content isn't spamming. 

1 minute ago, Liquid said:

Revisionist and skewed history is your forte. Not agreeing with someone and spam are two different things. Spam is someone simply posting large volumes of nonsense in a vacuum. Replying to actual post with content isn't spamming. 

You use to talk shit about him like when he and Puerto would go around in circles forever. Are you really going to deny that? And arguing in bad faith to filibuster so you can bore people to death so you can get the last word in and declare victory is  spammy as hell.

12 minutes ago, Saucer said:

You use to talk shit about him like when he and Puerto would go around in circles forever. Are you really going to deny that? And arguing in bad faith to filibuster so you can bore people to death so you can get the last word in and declare victory is  spammy as hell.

You're the king of arguing in bad faith so you have no quarter. Arguing in circles isn't spam and I have said the same of others like Cooke for example but I dont consider Cooke a spammer either. If Jerry or Cooke were posting in to the ether then that would be one thing, but as it stands regardless of their opinions or wealth of validity they engage in mutual dialog. Having to get in the last word is a personal choice people can make for themselves. 

7 minutes ago, Liquid said:

You're the king of arguing in bad faith so you have no quarter. Arguing in circles isn't spam and I have said the same of others like Cooke for example but I dont consider Cooke a spammer either. If Jerry or Cooke were posting in to the ether then that would be one thing, but as it stands regardless of their opinions or wealth of validity they engage in mutual dialog. Having to get in the last word is a personal choice people can make for themselves. 

Oh hell yes I do. Name one time I've argued in bad faith. Go on.

And if you want to pretend the Jerry-go-round isn't a rhetorical tactic to bore people to death so you can get the last word in and declare victory, have at it, but you look silly, especially after trashing him in the past for doing it.

The problem with even a subforum is that it inevitably leads to politics talk.   The people that come here and talk politics all day are the same ones that infuse that shit into every gaming related topic as well.  If a game has a strong political element to it, ok fine, talk about it... in that thread.  But all these threads about politics that aren't gaming related at all... need to fuck off.

Also, all the politics talk just makes people want to hate on each other in a more personal manner... This shit needs to be kept about gaming.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The problem with even a subforum is that it inevitably leads to politics talk.   The people that come here and talk politics all day are the same ones that infuse that shit into every gaming related topic as well.  If a game has a strong political element to it, ok fine, talk about it... in that thread.  But all these threads about politics that aren't gaming related at all... need to fuck off.

Also, all the politics talk just makes people want to hate on each other in a more personal manner... This shit needs to be kept about gaming.

that's the main issue. 

7 minutes ago, Saucer said:

And if you want to pretend the Jerry-go-round isn't a rhetorical tactic to bore people to death so you can get the last word in and declare victory, have at it, but you look silly, especially after trashing him in the past for doing it.

I dont care enough to drudge through your post nor need to as you're attempting to do to so in this conversation. I've already stated what I consider to be spam and what I dont. If you dont agree that's fine, but you're not entitled to reframing to fit your narrative.

I have no idea what Jerry's intent is but yes, he'll reply to someone until they stop. I believe a debate to be "won" on the quality of the arguments, not on who got the last word. If someone's pride requires them to keep an unending discussion going in fear of "losing" that's on them. A fire only burns if you give it oxygen. 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Hating people on a personal matter has been in sw since day one. It’s this forums lifeblood. Weather it’s AgentCarver being fat as fuck, substatic being Indian therefore he stinks and needs a bath, goofy time, TheBlackMage being a Haitian immigrant, Xeternity bullshit. We can go all the way back to GS SW with people like joshtheboss or kinggi getting shit on.

There was also this girl that posted here for awhile who’s nudes got leaked and they made fun of her burnt pepperoni nipples or something all the time. This forum is a dump and full of mutants. Always has been, always will

Just now, Delita said:

Hating people on a personal matter has been in sw since day one. It’s this forums lifeblood. Weather it’s AgentCarver being fat as fuck, substatic being Indian therefore he stinks and needs a bath, goofy time, TheBlackMage being a Haitian immigrant, Xeternity bullshit. We can go all the way back to GS SW with people like joshtheboss or kinggi getting shit on.

There was also this girl that posted here for awhile who’s nudes got leaked and they made fun of her burnt pepperoni nipples or something all the time. This forum is a dump and full of mutants. Always has been, always will

Xelle :hest: 

We were far younger back then...  I'd like to think some of us have grown up a bit.

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That's a scapegoat. I'd like get it if this was a civil place before the subforum and the "political" slant has existed on this site forever. Without checking I'm sure if you forum search "liberal" or "SJW" you'll get consistent hits dating back as far as this site can search through. 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Xelle :hest: 

We were far younger back then...  I'd like to think some of us have grown up a bit.

That’s not the case for ghostz. He’s still trolling and being a moron from 10 years ago 

14 minutes ago, Delita said:

ha agreed. however, like remij said, we were all younger. also, the world is different now. we barely had social media in 2005 (myspace? lol) and, back then, you couldn't get fired for online antics. 

1 hour ago, Saucer said:

You literally stopped responding to my argument, and in an effort to try and get the last word..................you just started typing numbers sequentially.

You literally were just numbering your posts.

And I typed a unique post for each one of yours, and you still failed.

Edited by jehurey