Based manime thread.

I want to rewatch onizuka, that teacher dude. japanese humour is great sometimes and that show was amazing. like a long golden boy show

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Super Dimension Fortress Macross - Do You Remember Love  Just watched it and holy SHIT I can't believe this came out in 1984   That was incredible even though the story is kinda wack but sti

Oh wow... yeah I remember kamikaze pie being well liked in real life. I’m not really his neighbor, definitely not his next door neighbor. When I knew him he lived in Vancouver Washington, and I lived

Ahh, ok. Yah his dad was lieutenant. I'm sure the military thing crossed his mind a few times; though, he ultimately decided to try the doctor gig up at wsu. Was less than a week away from all of us m

Posted Images

Super Dimension Fortress Macross - Do You Remember Love 

Just watched it and holy SHIT I can't believe this came out in 1984 :dame: 

That was incredible even though the story is kinda wack but still intriguing at the same time and the corniness dial is turned to maximum sometimes.

Like I opened a time capsule that covers the essence of that era's animation and let me relive it for 2 hours straight. 

Apparently it had an insane budget for that time and it shows, unbelievable work

UK9uf7j.jpg

DQnVGrI.jpg

MMYHwG9.jpg

VbHTyvL.jpg

Hn5aW4h.jpg

oy6KotL.jpg

IAh71ez.jpg

rKFCdiZ.jpg

y2XxMan.jpg

B4FtbD6.jpg

eIhnzWN.jpg

ecrOZOb.jpg

:bow: 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Voidler said:

I rewatched Akira, the animation is simply unmatched

rewatched it last year and its cool but not the best lol

45 minutes ago, kaz BLackMage said:

rewatched it last year and its cool but not the best lol

Whats better?

Akira is literally 1:1 animation, a unique 24 frames per second. Most animation is half that or less

1 hour ago, Voidler said:

Whats better?

Akira is literally 1:1 animation, a unique 24 frames per second. Most animation is half that or less

lol i thought you meant overall not the technical aspect :mjgrin:  

I was gonna say it's really good for an animation adaption cause it sticks very close to the manga.

that's why I like it. but yeah you are right I don't know enough about the tech but it looks amazing. :-*

7 minutes ago, kaz BLackMage said:

lol i thought you meant overall not the technical aspect :mjgrin:  

I was gonna say it's really good for an animation adaption cause it sticks very close to the manga.

that's why I like it. but yeah you are right I don't know enough about the tech but it looks amazing. :-*

Yeah I just meant the actual quality of the animation, its off the charts

I dont think the movie is that amazing, the story is a bit of a confusing mess. The manga is a lot better 

• Upvote 1

Most recent anime are trash. I got into Attack on Titan for a while but thats about it.

Nothing top the classics like Cowboy Bebop, Berserk, Dragon Ball Z and Samurai Champloo for me. And I doubt anything ever will, unfortunately.

Studio Ghibli movies have been added to Netflix so Ill watch some eventually. 

• Upvote 1

Probably the greatest mind in anime was Mamoru Oshii (apart from ghibli) 

He created hit after hit.

But my personal favorite was Patlabor Ova and the movies. 

Watch the Patlabor Ova first, and then the movies for the real experience. 

7d0f35c4d482ddfc1d41522bfd87b779f1fcf006.thumb.jpg.cad8241feddcb1f6d126a9ba9e551f88.jpg

2 minutes ago, bhytre said:

sounds great, is this from an anime or movie? 

Patlabor 1 and 2 are both movies with an OVA series that is set before them.

All the music is done by Kenji Kawai:

Mamoru Oshii has worked extensively with Production I.G. Every animated film he has made since Patlabor: The Movie (1989) has been produced under the studio. He also worked closely with screenwriter Kazunori Itō; they made five films together, beginning with The Red Spectacles and ending with Avalon. His closest colleague, however, is music composer Kenji Kawai. Kawai has composed most of the music in Oshii's work, including ten of his feature films. According to Oshii, "Kenji Kawai's music is responsible for 50 percent of [his] films' successes" and he "can't do anything without [Kenji Kawai]."[64]

Edited by GeorgeW1000
1 minute ago, bhytre said:

I'll download that after I watch Porco Rosso, I'm gonna go full manime weeb as long as corona-chan exists B) 

252956051_GITS1.thumb.jpg.976574e79638d9bc98f83c9ea81b6586.jpg

I'm sure you heard of the acclaimed "Ghost in the Shell" series. But what you may not know about it is that it's Oshii's greatest work of all time, inspiring many film makers around the world, including the Matrix. 

Oshii made two films... GITS  and GITS 2: innocence 

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/74324

https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/6807

There is a Ghost in the Shell TV series called Ghost in the Shell Stand alone complex. This series is good but it's not Mamoru Oshii-- The director of that series considers Oshii his mentor and tries to make his films as oshii like as possible "To make it seem like Oshii made the work." 

• Like 1

I've seen the Ghost in The Shell films a long time ago and they were incredible, they were pretty much impossible to miss out on even mainstream media would talk about the insane animation that went into it. Always was a serie that interested me but it never got further than that. I have a lot of catching up to do :smoke: 

Edited by bhytre
1 minute ago, bhytre said:

I've seen the Ghost in The Shell films a long time ago and they were incredible, they were pretty much impossible to miss out on even mainstream media would talk about the insane animation that went into it. Always was a serie that interested me but it never got further than that. I have a lot of catching up to do :smoke: 

Ghost in the Shell Stand alone complex is great fun.

In fact this opening might be one of the earliest memories I have of anime. (excluding pokemon and Yugioh) You know I mean like adult stuff, right? 

It doesn't reach the level of Oshii's work which has a stylistic seriousness to it that makes it a work of art. SAC is much sillier than that, but I liked it. I have a drawing from the series (one of the frames they used in the anime) in my room. It cost like $300. 

On 2020-07-08 at 11:42 AM, Delita said:

I miss classic Gundam series. Gundam wing, Turn A Gundam, MS team, G Gundam were some of my favorites

Turn A is still one of the best anime in history I think. 

Someone told me it's supposed to be the last gundam you watched. But It's really the only gundam I watched lol. 

I think what makes it so exceptional is Syd Mead's gundam designs. Tomino didn't like them... but he's wrong. SYD MEAD.

syd04-800x600.jpg.6973615325d3fc7954280545fbb3888f.jpgarmadillo-interior-1117x610.thumb.png.4ce4cc1018abf645047334d41494d3c0.pngsydmead-bladerunner-city.jpg.d57870843e7c18d1db21ed77d7436e7e.jpgBladerunner_2.thumb.jpg.8b2ee52faf9c880357f774b82ce9f2a1.jpg