Based manime thread.

A great based anime... but an incredibly over-mentioned one is Evangelion. As an anime... it's one of the best -- but it has a cult following whose fans only watch that anime, even if there are better anime. 

Still, worth a mention. 

As an anime Studio, Gainax is one of the most treasured among fans. Even if its works are all different than Evangelion. I think Eva took off at gainax because of the artistic freedom the studio gave its artists.

The studio Gainax had a rebellion and many artists left to 4 new studios... the most popular is Trigger. I think trigger's stories are absolutely stupid, but their art is awesome. 

The best show they ever produced, bar none is Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann, which may be the most manime anime in history. It's something Kamikaze Pie cherished, I know that.

Edited by GeorgeW1000
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Super Dimension Fortress Macross - Do You Remember Love  Just watched it and holy SHIT I can't believe this came out in 1984   That was incredible even though the story is kinda wack but sti

Oh wow... yeah I remember kamikaze pie being well liked in real life. I’m not really his neighbor, definitely not his next door neighbor. When I knew him he lived in Vancouver Washington, and I lived

Ahh, ok. Yah his dad was lieutenant. I'm sure the military thing crossed his mind a few times; though, he ultimately decided to try the doctor gig up at wsu. Was less than a week away from all of us m

Posted Images

One of the best anime all time is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Back in the old days of anime, a show called fullmetal alchemist was reccomended, but it didn't cover all the manga, and was artistically inferior. I watched the old show back when it was popular, but I don't recommend it now. 

FMA Brotherhood was one of the first anime to make the leap to HD anime, and it was so nice looking I remember being skeptical that the story would be good. One of the best anime ever though.

lol tengen toppa isnt the best :D but the ost :-*

:aitch:

rewatched evangelion last year but stopped almost at the end for some reason, i wanna finish it again and watch the movies. end of evangelion is the best. and i wanna watch the OVAs, i think they are finished soon, i think i watched the first 2 like 10 years ago :deader:  that shit took so loong.

since you like eva you might wanna try Raxephon, it's also psychological, has mechas, good story about betrayal and blaming someone.

but its kinda weird 

Spoiler

it got some pedo shit going on cause of some time travel shit and the main character almost fucks his (then) older gf or some shit. something like that. 

you guys seen ergo proxy. one of my favs. never found something like it again

Edited by kaz BLackMage
7 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

A great based anime... but an incredibly over-mentioned one is Evangelion. As an anime... it's one of the best -- but it has a cult following whose fans only watch that anime, even if there are better anime. 

Still, worth a mention. 

As an anime Studio, Gainax is one of the most treasured among fans. Even if its works are all different than Evangelion. I think Eva took off at gainax because of the artistic freedom the studio gave its artists.

The studio Gainax had a rebellion and many artists left to 4 new studios... the most popular is Trigger. I think trigger's stories are absolutely stupid, but their art is awesome. 

The best show they ever produced, bar none is Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann, which may be the most manime anime in history. It's something Kamikaze Pie cherished, I know that.

:lagann:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@GeorgeW1000, I have a few questions for you. I was one of Kamikaze Pie aka Jason Carter's closes friends and recently got a new gaming laptop along with logging into my old steam account. Anyways through his profile I realized/forgot how he loved the system war website. My question for you is what were some things you guys talked about or some of his favorite animes? Unfortunately I only got into anime years after his passing. Also read you were next door neighbors with him at one point? 

5 hours ago, SirReznor said:

@GeorgeW1000, I have a few questions for you. I was one of Kamikaze Pie aka Jason Carter's closes friends and recently got a new gaming laptop along with logging into my old steam account. Anyways through his profile I realized/forgot how he loved the system war website. My question for you is what were some things you guys talked about or some of his favorite animes? Unfortunately I only got into anime years after his passing. Also read you were next door neighbors with him at one point? 

Oh wow... yeah I remember kamikaze pie being well liked in real life. I’m not really his neighbor, definitely not his next door neighbor. When I knew him he lived in Vancouver Washington, and I lived in Portland Metro. I was actually nervous about meeting him because I was young and was afraid of meeting people on the internet. And whenever my parents like, took me to Vancouver I would be super nervous, lol. But we hatched this plan to join the military together, right before he passed away. I joined the military anyway, but I’m still sad we never got to do that together. he wanted us to join the air force, but when I actually researched it and stuff, it was like impossible for me to enter the Air Force. The recruiters didn’t even go in the office, lol. I went navy. 

I remember kamikaze liked my trolling a ton. When I was little, I was obsessed with Xbox, lol, and I would call everything I liked manly. So I went to ridiculous lengths to call the things I liked many. The Xbox 360 was called the 3manly, and good anime was called manime. He liked that trolling a ton. I miss him quite a bit, man. 

I remember him making a “manime” thread and this thread was kind of inspired by that. His favorite anime of all time was Gurren Lagan, which is rightfully called peak manime. 

Edited by GeorgeW1000
  • Sad 2

Ahh, ok. Yah his dad was lieutenant. I'm sure the military thing crossed his mind a few times; though, he ultimately decided to try the doctor gig up at wsu. Was less than a week away from all of us moving up there for school..... Yes though lol, he/we loved xbox, though he was a Nintendo fanboy once the Halo 2 rolled around along with xbox 360 all we wanted to do was play competitive shooters etc. 

Jason was a super cool person and was very non judgmental, so I'm sure you guys would of clicked well. Btw, did you ever play ff 11, wow or runescape online with him? Or any games for that matter. 

Yes!!!!! It's so ironic because I vaguely knew what Gurren Lagan was prior to his death but since his pasting, I fully watched it, in part because I knew he loved it and now I love that anime. Thats one of the only few things we didnt get the chance to truely bond over was anime excluding a few anime movies and full metal alchemists. 

One thing we all really wanted to do badly was go to Japan and we finally did last summer. Which was an amazing experience, I'd highly recommend that to you. Unfortunately though I couldn't help but feel weird knowing he never got to go or go with us...

If you have any interests this is a youtube video my friend posted of us from back in the day. Skip to 3:44 if you want to see Jason aka Kamikaze Pie

When or how did you learn of his passing? 

• Sad 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2020-09-08 at 10:44 PM, SirReznor said:

Ahh, ok. Yah his dad was lieutenant. I'm sure the military thing crossed his mind a few times; though, he ultimately decided to try the doctor gig up at wsu. Was less than a week away from all of us moving up there for school..... Yes though lol, he/we loved xbox, though he was a Nintendo fanboy once the Halo 2 rolled around along with xbox 360 all we wanted to do was play competitive shooters etc. 

Jason was a super cool person and was very non judgmental, so I'm sure you guys would of clicked well. Btw, did you ever play ff 11, wow or runescape online with him? Or any games for that matter. 

Yes!!!!! It's so ironic because I vaguely knew what Gurren Lagan was prior to his death but since his pasting, I fully watched it, in part because I knew he loved it and now I love that anime. Thats one of the only few things we didnt get the chance to truely bond over was anime excluding a few anime movies and full metal alchemists. 

One thing we all really wanted to do badly was go to Japan and we finally did last summer. Which was an amazing experience, I'd highly recommend that to you. Unfortunately though I couldn't help but feel weird knowing he never got to go or go with us...

If you have any interests this is a youtube video my friend posted of us from back in the day. Skip to 3:44 if you want to see Jason aka Kamikaze Pie

When or how did you learn of his passing? 

Sorry for replying so late. Hopefully you come back on and look for a reply. I learned when one of his friends found the site and posted the news article about him, which was quite disturbing. I was in denial for most of it... I didn't want it to be true. I still have a picture of him on my photobucket. Maybe I will try retrieving that. 

I guess I will go to Japan in the future and imagine him with me. quite sad man. I'm so sorry. Thanks for coming here and sharing this stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...