The Initiative won't be at Xbox's Showcase?

The Initiative is not going to bring its game to this event

In addition to acquiring existing studios, Microsoft also started a new team in Santa Monica called The Initiative. The company built this studio specifically to bring in talent to create marquee games with massive budgets.

But don’t expect to see the fruits of that just yet.

I know some rumors suggest The Initiative’s game is going to debut at the Xbox Games Showcase, but that’s not the case. Microsoft is holding it back.

https://venturebeat.com/2020/07/07/xbox-games-showcase-what-to-expect-from-the-july-event/

Disappointing if true cause it's by far my most curious reveal, since it seems we already know a lot of the other big stuff. But It's better that we know now if they aren't gonna be there. 

Still just a rumour but Jeff Grub has had an incredible record this year. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Who is Jeff Grubb?

Our Lord, and fucking Saviour; that's who.

Some hack journalist; who the fuck should I know? there a dime a dozen these days.

Edited by XBL Matters
4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Who is Jeff Grubb?

Journalist for Venture Beat who has a near 100% track record on his reveals/leaks during this whole covid thing. He's pretty much been the sole source for nearly every suspected date for events and it's content. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Journalist for Venture Beat who has a near 100% track record on his reveals/leaks during this whole covid thing. He's pretty much been the sole source for nearly every suspected date for events and it's content. 

This isn't really telling me a whole lot, I don't buy it. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This isn't really telling me a whole lot, I don't buy it. 

Well that's up to you. We'll see soon enough. 

Good to have expectations in check though. 

Halo, Fable, Forza, Psychonauts 2, Everwild, Hellbalde 2, Obsidian RPG all seem a lock. Possibly Inxile's AAA RPG (not Wasteland 3). 

Good showing but could use a couple of surprises

32 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Well that's up to you. We'll see soon enough. 

Good to have expectations in check though. 

Halo, Fable, Forza, Psychonauts 2, Everwild, Hellbalde 2, Obsidian RPG all seem a lock. Possibly Inxile's AAA RPG (not Wasteland 3). 

Good showing but could use a couple of surprises

It'll have a surprise.. don't worry :tom5:

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

It'll have a surprise.. don't worry :tom5:

No need to reveal what you think the surprise is but from who? I'm basically expecting that list that @lynux3 had posted one time.

The 'surprises' for me would've been The Initiative and I guess possible new acqusitions? Some might say Halo Infinite and Fable actually delivering might be a surprise too but I'm expecting both to look superb. 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

No need to reveal what you think the surprise is but from who? I'm basically expecting that list that @lynux3 had posted one time.

The 'surprises' for me would've been The Initiative and I guess possible new acqusitions? Some might say Halo Infinite and Fable actually delivering might be a surprise too but I'm expecting both to look superb. 

Xbox exclusive by a 3rd party Japanese studio.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Makes sense. Building a studio from scratch takes forever

While that's true... it's not because of that specifically.  They're simply holding some stuff back as to have new stuff to show when Sony shows more of what they have later in the year.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

They are supposedly working on Perfect Dark. It's probably going to have a robust single player, coop and multiplayer. Making all those modes with quality is a massive undertaking.

Apparently all available hands are on deck helping 343i get Halo ready for launch.  Not saying The Initiative are doing any of that for sure, as the team is relatively small ATM, but MS IS outsourcing a lot.  There's apparently 1200+ people working on it to have it ready by launch.

19 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Xbox exclusive by a 3rd party Japanese studio.

:tom:

That should turn out well. Like their last attempt at Jap exclusives did this gen, namely Scalebound and Phantom Dust.

No exclusive weeb Jap games permitted for the Xtrash. :patpatpat: