Deadly Premonition 2 Review thread

4 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

I need to see it with my own eyes, sjw fat boy Jim seems to be hesitant to get behind this game for some ‘represenTation’ issues. Could go either way.

sjw are upset with this game though, so there’s that

you can't help yourself can you? 

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

OMFG apparently the game has a huge trans representation thing where York makes a huge deal out of the fact that Transphobia is wrong 

Not getting into the politics shit, but LMAO @Bodycount NHBR :rofl: 

political/social messages in movies/games/tv shows are fine to point out in a thread, as long as it's about the respective piece of entertainment. so it's all good bro. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

It seems that they're rendering too much of the open world at once, while failing to implement basic LOD/culling techniques on the geometry. Pretty shoddy/lazy optimization.

and no plans to patch it. lol shit dev

This is not a game you buy by following the most negative reviews, just like it was the case for the first one. 

Story, characters and atmosphere is what Deadly Premonition is all about. The jank adds to the charm and is good for a few laughs when you can't grasp how they nail one thing so perfectly while the rest is so bad it hurts. 

The real review you should go by is knowing that it's only available on an abysmal handheld called the Nintendo Switch, and you should avoid it at all cost. TSHBR.

• Upvote 1

The “well you can’t trust reviews” doesent really work because the people who liked the first are even saying it sucks lol

Called it since the beginning. From IGN

Deadly Premonition 2 isn’t good, nor is it so bad that it’s good (like it’s predecessor). It’s something much, much worse: it’s mediocre. And that’s too bad. I’m certainly grateful for the chance to spend some more time with the eccentric and ever enthusiastic Francis York Morgan, because he remains one of the funniest and most unique lead characters in all of gaming. But I found myself less tolerant of Deadly Premonition 2’s technical issues and half-baked combat this time around, and its central mystery is ridiculous without ever going far enough off the rails to be truly surprising or memorable.”

The combat being bad is completely forgivable im sure. The main criticism thats consistent across the board is that of the bad performance. It even runs poorly when you're indoors, not just out in the open world. They really dropped the ball on that front.