Performances that should have won Oscar's

17 minutes ago, kaz BLackMage said:

this thread owns. but sadly i only have to add performances from my favourite actor ethan hawke. 

- Training Day: Denzel's performance was amazing but Ethan truly deserved that one. 

- Gattaca: My favourite movie of all time and he didn't win an oscar for it. That was the moment I started to hate humanity. 

- Lord of war: Nicolas Cage was a god in that movie seriously no idea why he didn't get anything. Ethan Hawke owned as the antagonist though. 

shoutout to cooke for including american psycho, i wholeheartedly agree. 

I could do more without Ethan (maybe) but its friday friday gettin down on friday everybodys looking forward to the weekend parying partying yeah partying partying yeah fun fun fun fun fun fun fun

Jude Law had a better performance in Gattaca though. :reg:

Godly movie though in virtually every way. One of the GOAT's in SciFi.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out early 90s for some of the worst decisions ever on best supporting actor   1992 - Jack Nicholson (a Few Good Men) lost to Gene Hackman (Unforgiven) 1993 - Leonardo Dicaprio (Wh

Jake Gelly for Nightcrawler

Val Kilmer in Tombstone Robert Pattinson in Good Time Hugh Jackman in Prisoners

I don't think he should've won or anything but I think Josh Brolin at least should've gotten a nomination for his work as Thanos in Infinity War. One of the best villains ever in movie history and with an incredible character arc.

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

I don't think he should've won or anything but I think Josh Brolin at least should've gotten a nomination for his work as Thanos in Infinity War. One of the best villains ever in movie history and with an incredible character arc.

He was good but not Oscar worthy. If he were to win an Oscar it would be for No Country for Old Men. 

15 minutes ago, Ike said:

Jude Law had a better performance in Gattaca though. :reg:

Godly movie though in virtually every way. One of the GOAT's in SciFi.

I respectfully disagree, whilst Law's performance did add tremendous amounts of drama about the human mind and nature and overcoming the physical plane, his performance was no less outstanding than Hawke's. 

In fact both deserve an oscar for their respective roles because the movie was only working based on their unusual intimate relationship. 

It is in fact, and objectively, the best movie ever created. 

16 minutes ago, kaz BLackMage said:

I respectfully disagree, whilst Law's performance did add tremendous amounts of drama about the human mind and nature and overcoming the physical plane, his performance was no less outstanding than Hawke's. 

In fact both deserve an oscar for their respective roles because the movie was only working based on their unusual intimate relationship. 

It is in fact, and objectively, the best movie ever created. 

Whoa

Check out early 90s for some of the worst decisions ever on best supporting actor

1992 - Jack Nicholson (a Few Good Men) lost to Gene Hackman (Unforgiven)

1993 - Leonardo Dicaprio (What's Eating Gilbert Grape), Ralph Fiennes (Schindlers List) lost to Tommy Lee Jones (the Fugitive)

1994 - Samuel L Jackson (Pulp Fiction), Garry Sinise (Forrest Gump) lost to Martin Landau (Ed Wood)

Best actor isn't as bad, but this one is a big oof

1974 - Al Pacino (Godfather Pt 2), Jack Nicholson (Chinatown) lost to Art Carney (Harry and Tonto)

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

And the tv show is better than both :bow:

the movie fargo is special to me, I would say the tv series is as good as the movie but not better. I just love the movie because it's so... i don't even know how to say it, like realistic and dark and calm.

you think its a more fun movie at the start (thanks to bemusci i guess) but then it gets disturbing. 

fargo season 2 was my fav. I really need to watch 3, I somehow stopped at some point. :yeshrug:

edit: Buscemi, Steve Buscemi not Bemusci :weird:

Edited by kaz BLackMage
5 hours ago, kaz BLackMage said:

the movie fargo is special to me, I would say the tv series is as good as the movie but not better. I just love the movie because it's so... i don't even know how to say it, like realistic and dark and calm.

you think its a more fun movie at the start (thanks to bemusci i guess) but then it gets disturbing. 

fargo season 2 was my fav. I really need to watch 3, I somehow stopped at some point. :yeshrug:

edit: Buscemi, Steve Buscemi not Bemusci :weird:

Season 2 was a ride. 3 is more of a small scale slow burner but the performances are outstanding. 

michael douglas :bow: 

love the scene, when he yells the trigger is sensitive, its alright :D 

Edited by kaz BLackMage
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, kaz BLackMage said:

michael douglas :bow: 

love the scene, when he yells the trigger is sensitive, its alright :D 

Dude..the whole movie is godly, and it’s even more relevant now than back then. Peak Douglas :bow: