Bring back Politics forum

Bring back politics sub forum?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back politics sub forum?

It’s a tough situation. If the moderation is strict (like it is now) you get less people arguing and discussing politics because they’re worried about getting banned for minor infractions. However, if you give people too much freedom (like it was before) they’ll go overboard and you’ll have endless arguments that go nowhere and devolve into nothing but spam. 

We need some kind of middle ground.

8 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I get both TB’s and DC’s point of views. The only middle ground is that politics/social issues cannot carry over (in any way) to the main board. 

Fair enough, I feel like the politics board made this forum more active. But that also brought a lot of racism. As long as you guys are strict on that along with it not being on the main board I think it's fine. I mean you banned a few people and the racism on this forum went down by ten fold :mjgrin:

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Chicano3000 said:

Ok but now we need new animals names for dems, repubs and whomever else...

Democrats = Donkeys

Republicans = Pachyderms 

Libertarians = Snakes

Independents = Groundhogs

Canadians = Enlightened Beavers

40 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I get both TB’s and DC’s point of views. The only middle ground is that politics/social issues cannot carry over (in any way) to the main board. 

I'm itching to revive the classic gamespot topic of who's Black in Mortal Kombat. 

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I'm itching to revive the classic gamespot topic of who's Black in Mortal Kombat. 

Lol a bunch of us started a black panther movement there, late 2004-2005 lol

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Lol a bunch of us started a black panther movement there, late 2004-2005 lol

:D

It's this topic that tends to bring out everyone into an argument.   The GS thread about Jade went on to 25 pages before being locked and eventually archived. 

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/961032-mortal-kombat/58673279?page=0

Even in more recent times, it's a highly contestant topic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/aokn92/why_do_people_think_jade_is_black/