60 FPS still optional on PS5

As everyone has always said, Sony first party is always gonna prioritise visuals, this shouldn't be a surprised. It's good that the performance mode is 4k/60fps though, I assume maybe RT gets turned off or something. 

I still very much prefer this than having 60fps standard. Give me a choice. For my Sony single player narrative games, I want maxed out visual and am more than happy with 30fps. For shooters and anything Mp based then 60fps. 

4 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

The human eye cannot recognize frame rate beyond 60fps.

This isn't true. The human eye can possibly recognise more than a few hundred frames per second. The rate at which our eyes gives signals to our brain is incredibly fast. 

The more frames however the harder it gets to "detect" each individual frame at a certain point, thus it seems we are not able to follow the frames and fluid motion with every single information.

But what actually happens is that our brain skips the information the eye sends because it filters them as not important.

Think about the fact that you can always see your nose but your brain blinds it out for you because your eyes and brain working together realize you don't need to see your nose all the time (basically). The brain ignores the information of your nose being there.

Movies have 24 fps, sure, for a long time 60 fps in games was the standard, yep. but that has NOTHING to do with our eyes and how we perceive fluid motion. I see people saying dumb shit like that all the time, it's all nonsense.  

Edited by kazi of Skalitz
4 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

The human eye cannot recognize frame rate beyond 60fps.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826883/figure/F2/

The figure about vision is a box-plot. The average population would perceive about 45 frames per second (nice going HFR movies). But on the other hand, you have 25% of the population who will percieve more than 60 frames per second, with extremes going to seeing temporal gaps of up to 2 ms. Which is insane. When I wrote my replies and the first post, I did not know about this research. N

ew conclusion: By far most of the human population (test in USA) will see more than 24 fps, only the extremes will see just the 24 fps or less (we're going towards visualle impaired elderly). More than 50% of the population will benefit greatly from FPS of 45+. Trained fighter pilots can see even more, so training of the brain might just be possible in perceiving a lower threshold of temporal gap.

AVFv.gif

2 hours ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

This isn't true. The human eye can possibly recognise more than a few hundred frames per second. The rate at which our eyes gives signals to our brain is incredibly fast. 

The more frames however the harder it gets to "detect" each individual frame at a certain point, thus it seems we are not able to follow the frames and fluid motion with every single information.

But what actually happens is that our brain skips the information the eye sends because it filters them as not important.

Think about the fact that you can always see your nose but your brain blinds it out for you because your eyes and brain working together realize you don't need to see your nose all the time (basically). The brain ignores the information of your nose being there.

Movies have 24 fps, sure, for a long time 60 fps in games was the standard, yep. but that has NOTHING to do with our eyes and how we perceive fluid motion. I see people saying dumb shit like that all the time, it's all nonsense.  

it was a joke.  :|

• Sad 1
45 minutes ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

I don't believe you. :mjcry:

You don't well let me mess with your mind then.

When you go to the movies and watch films, do you recognize that they are shot at 24 Frames Per Second?

Or when you play home video movies on either your Blu-Ray disc player or stream it via Netflix/Amazon, that your player upconverts it either to 30 FPS (or 60 Fields Per Second) or 60 FPS and your movie no longer looks like it did when it was shot on film.

Or that films that use 1080/4K 60FPS digital cams for recording over film looks more like a real time high definition sporting event than film?

Did you know when you invest in 144, 240, or 480Hz display you are only affecting the response time and not the frame rate of the video output?

Edited by The Mother Fucker
3 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

You don't well let me mess with your mind then.

When you go to the movies and watch films, do you recognize that they are shot at 24 Frames Per Second?

Or when you play home video movies on either your Blu-Ray disc player or stream it via Netflix/Amazon, that your player upconverts it either to 30 FPS (or 60 Fields Per Second) or 60 FPS and your movie no longer looks like it did when it was shot on film.

Or that films that use 1080/4K 60FPS digital cams for recording over film looks more like a real time high definition sporting event than film?

Did you know when you invest in 144, 240, or 480Hz display you are only affecting the response time and not the frame rate of the video output?

shut up I already explained how it works. didn't read. you were not joking because if you did I would've been owned and I don't like that. so kiss my ballsack, cunt. :comicbookguy:

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

shut up I already explained how it works. didn't read. you were not joking because if you did I would've been owned and I don't like that. so kiss my ballsack, cunt. :comicbookguy:

You explained nothing, and you didn't read because you are dumb. 

:dc:= YOU

• Like 1