XseX event thread (July 23rd 12pm ET, Pre Show at 11)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My in depth take on this show.

1. Halo - :snoop: from the start. Then eye rolled throughout the demo. If you showed the gameplay and simply said it was an Xbox 1 remake of Halo 1 no one would even bat an eye. 

2. Medium  - Looks interesting. I'm not a horror game fan, but for what it seems I do like the split dimension stuff and the world presented does have potential to be a good time.

3. FORZA - Looks great. I mean all racing games do these days but this does look like what you'd expect from a next gen racer.

4. Rare - I laughed as soon as their name pops up. Just put them out of their misery. 

5. Digital Drama - :mj:

6. Whatever that shitty cel-shaded game was, I'm neutral on it. I'm leaning more to it probably being a flop. Reminds me of much better games like Horizon and Breathe of the Wild. 

4 gens in and Xbox still doesn't seem to have any sort of identity other than being PC's little brother that has to come along for the ride because his parent's say so. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Liquid said:

My in depth take on this show.

1. Halo - :snoop: from the start. Then eye rolled throughout the demo. If you showed the gameplay and simply said it was an Xbox 1 remake of Halo 1 no one would even bat an eye. 

2. Medium  - Looks interesting. I'm not a horror game fan, but for what it seems I do like the split dimension stuff and the world presented does have potential to be a good time.

3. FORZA - Looks great. I mean all racing games do these days but this does look like what you'd expect from a next gen racer.

4. Rare - I laughed as soon as their name pops up. Just put them out of their misery. 

5. Digital Drama - :mj:

6. Whatever that shitty cel-shaded game was, I'm neutral on it. I'm leaning more to it probably being a flop. Reminds me of much better games like Horizon and Breathe of the Wild. 

4 gens in and Xbox still doesn't seem to have any sort of identity other than being PC's little brother that has to come along for the ride because his parent's say so. 

Xbox is essentially PC now.

If I was a console only Xbox fan, I'd be pretty disappointed.. but all these games on top of PC getting pretty much everything.  

It's godly :blessed: 

1 minute ago, nitric said:

@HALOmij I'll update our ban bet that Halo Finite won't score above 84 on MC. A full 10 points below TLOU2

lmao.. bro you need to stop.. you should have taken the GS bet when you had the chance :ben: 

Edited by HALOmij

Halo is NOT a GaaS type of game, says 343.

...........and then they immediately proceed to describe the game clearly being a GaaS game.

Oh...............and there's no ray-tracing, they will have to patch that in afterwards.

“Halo Infinite is the start of our platform for the future,” he said. “We want Infinite to grow over time, versus going to those numbered titles and having all that segmentation that we had before. It’s really about creating Halo Infinite as the start of the next ten years for Halo and then building that as we go with our fans and community.”

This does not mean that Halo Infinite is a live service game, a la Destiny. But it does mean that new story experiences will be told underneath Infinite’s umbrella, and it also means Infinite will be evolved technologically for quite a while. 343 confirmed that Infinite will get a free raytracing update sometime after launch.

Just now, jehurey said:

Halo is NOT a GaaS type of game, says 343.

...........and then they immediately proceed to describe the game clearly being a GaaS game.

Oh...............and there's no ray-tracing, they will have to patch that in afterwards.

you don't say 

What the absolute FUCK :D 

EdohHABX0AEGa-F?format=png&name=medium

So the DQ11S Xbox/PS4/Steam versions are a port of the Switch version with downgraded graphics.. but will run at higher fps and resolution.  And it's a separate purchase.. not even purchasable as DLC or at a discount for people who already own the game :rofl: 

3 hours ago, nitric said:

So it is an Xbox and PC show. Don't get technical with me. All these games will be available on both platforms.

Go play your games on a linux box or apple then.  Don't get technical with you :D 

Without MS you don't play any games on pc.  :reg: 

3 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Consoles are pure gaming fun. 

Buying multiple different machines to play 90% of the same shit... that get outdated and depreciate faster than cars, and generally lock you into buying the same shit, and no customization... and then they resell you the same shit over and over again :woo: 

Edited by HALOmij

OMFG that was so brutally bad :kaz:

Power of Series X, everything looked like shit. I was straight laughing at that flash game As Dusk Falls

CG trailers galore

Console world exclusive :kaz:

No Hellblade 2 but here's a dev diary LMAO

Obsidians next game is Honey I Shrunk the Kids :disco:

Hey the kids like Jack Black, don't they?:dc:

Only Halo looked interesting, basically by rehashing Halo CE and is a last gen game

Fable teaser 10 seconds long and looks years away

The penultimate game was Phantasy Star junkware? And one of the few games to actually show something looking like gameplay :mindblown:

State of Decay 3 CGI teaser. They still think this 5.0 franchise is relevant :drake:

Forza teaser covered in bloomy grit filters, and no gameplay. Why are they scared to show it?

That could not have gone worse