Apparently MS are showing their games running on "Series X equivalent" PCs because their dev kits have major bugs impacting performance

Apparently the latest revisions of the dev kits have fixed the problems but it's not clear if many devs have received them yet or have had enough time to get everything fully running on the new kits in time.

Jesus fucking christ :tom: 

I'm really surprised they're mixing up their messaging as well regarding the whole "2 years of cross gen content"... because now they're saying devs can do what they want, and at the show it was mostly "Series X and PC" and they're now removing Xbox One from some games.

I thought messaging was the one thing that MS was doing better so far with than even Sony for this coming gen... but that's pretty much out the window now.

Maybe they saw Sony's event and was like.. nah maybe we should rethink this?

I dunno :francis: 

3 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

I'm really surprised they're mixing up their messaging as well regarding the whole "2 years of cross gen content"... because now they're saying devs can do what they want, and at the show it was mostly "Series X and PC" and they're now removing Xbox One from some games.

I thought messaging was the one thing that MS was doing better so far with than even Sony for this coming gen... but that's pretty much out the window now.

It just confirms that Xbox is devoid of identity. 

16 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Yes I think they changed their messaging after the PS5 event. 

Only hardcore gamers will know Series X is 12tf and PS5 is 10tf and all that Jazz.  The mass market gaming population only cares about what's on the screen and perceived value.   

Series X only having cross gen titles for 2 years while PS5 has games that were built from the ground up for it will lead to series X looking like it's a Gen behind for two years. 

By the time Series X only games come out in late 2022 it will be too late to change the perception that PS5 is stronger. 

MS was caught with their pants down and now they're scrambling to pull it back up :ANYWORD:

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sure.....

Dude, you gotta admit it's bad/weird that were seeing PC versions of these games so close to launch.

I'm not saying they wont have shit sorted, but if the initial software doesn't run as well as it should, then it's going to have a negative impact.  One that MS can't really afford since they're focusing on the "power" angle.

I liked what I saw of Halo Infinite but graphically it's definitely less than I was expecting.  I thought that was the game that was going to show extremely detailed visuals.  The game looks great to me, more Halo in the vein of the classics.. I'm all for that shit.. but visually this was supposed to be the marquee title on a brand new engine, and it failed to impress.

1 minute ago, HALOmij said:

Dude, you gotta admit it's bad/weird that were seeing PC versions of these games so close to launch.

I'm not saying they wont have shit sorted, but if the initial software doesn't run as well as it should, then it's going to have a negative impact.  One that MS can't really afford since they're focusing on the "power" angle.

I liked what I saw of Halo Infinite but graphically it's definitely less than I was expecting.  I thought that was the game that was going to show extremely detailed visuals.  The game looks great to me, more Halo in the vein of the classics.. I'm all for that shit.. but visually this was supposed to be the marquee title on a brand new engine, and it failed to impress.

I don't think anything is weird frankly, I think Halo had a bad initial showing and conspiracy theories are running wild. I know this community of people, it's hyperbole central. 

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't think anything is weird frankly, I think Halo had a bad initial showing and conspiracy theories are running wild. I know this community of people, it's hyperbole central. 

I mean, I know the hardware is obviously capable.. but Halo man.. wtf happened?

Take a look at the trailer again.  Notice how NONE of the grass or trees move at all.  It's all static.  Nothing bends when driving the warthog through it.. it literally just clips through.  There's no physics on the grass or trees at all.

There's no life to the scene.  It's kind of shocking.. once I noticed that I was like wtf.. Halo has had reactive foliage for ages now..

And then there's the fact that RT is coming in a post launch patch... that doesn't inspire confidence that it's ready to go either..  Sounds like it's being tacked on.

I have high hopes that the RT is going to give the game a lot more dynamic effects and flair.. because it can make a pretty huge difference, but.. first impressions are everything.  Halo was the huge launch title... this game should have been ready to completely show off the system regardless of it's cross-gen origins.

Screen Space RT added to Halo 3 can do a lot to alter the image and give it more depth.. but it remains to be seen how Halo Infinite will even implement RT.