TENET releasing everywhere except US next month

I'm almost certain Christopher Nolan did not want this, but the studio execs are overruling him on this.

This is what it looks like when all other countries have their shit together, and the US doesn't.

28 minutes ago, Liquid said:

For that they should just release it on VOD. That movie would be pirated to hell. 

Yup. I rather pay for it. However, I’m going to pirate it to see it sooner. 

No new cases here, and on average we get about one case every 2 weeks; combine that with the our Cinemas using staggered and spaced seating... 

So yeah, we'll see how the cases look around the week of the 26th. 

8 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Ya just bite the bullet and stream it. People's home theater systems are better than theaters anyway with OLED, Phillips Hue Sync, and Atmos.

Not all of us are TV nerds with all that noise but I'd rather pay VOD than watch a rip. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Ya just bite the bullet and stream it. People's home theater systems are better than theaters anyway with OLED, Phillips Hue Sync, and Atmos.

What foreign streaming service do you recommend? 

Their really is no winning situation. 

Release it online, and you lose all the box office money

delay the movie till next summer everywhere and it screws up their entire release schedule 

Release it next summer only in US while Europe gets it next month and the entire pmovie will be long spoiled and pirated in US and moved on by the time official release hits.

Theyre screwed either way

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

I would gladly pay $20 to see this 

I think most people would but it would prove that movie theaters aren't really necessary anymore other than for event movies. Most people I think would rather pay $20 for a stream than the $50+ it takes for two people at a movie theater. Studios know this too,. I feel that's why they've been so apprehensive to release stuff on VOD over the pandemic. They'll lose the profits they get from the box office.

17 minutes ago, Ike said:

I think most people would but it would prove that movie theaters aren't really necessary anymore other than for event movies. Most people I think would rather pay $20 for a stream than the $50+ it takes for two people at a movie theater. Studios know this too,. I feel that's why they've been so apprehensive to release stuff on VOD over the pandemic. They'll lose the profits they get from the box office.

I rather see it in a theater, though. I think VOD is great for low budget films, while the big hits should be watched on the big screen.

20 minutes ago, Ike said:

Still cant beat a theater experience. It's not for all films but this is definitely a must see theater movie for me. Movie prices can be a bitch tho. Going on a date for the Harley Quinn movie ran me $120 total.