Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

1 minute ago, nitric said:

Why would I argue with some racist that thinks low income families bring crime to neighborhoods? You’re clearly disconnected from reality.

You're racist because you're creating the parallels and synonym that low income families are by definition not white.

Don't try to turn your behavior and backward thinking around on others and then accuse them of what you're doing. You people are the ones who make this about race, YOU.

Low income neighborhoods and communities statistically bring with them less safety, increased criminal activity and diminished property values. Not a debate.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

ya'll need to tone things down or there will be bans coming.

I hope you're implying nothing that involves me, because clearly all I'm doing is debunking race baiting bullshit as anyone should be.

Tone it down? :hest:

Nothing in this thread thus far, is more offensive and ignorant, than the President's actual tweet. 

3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Nothing in this thread thus far, is more offensive and ignorant, than the President's actual tweet. 

lol fucking ridiculous. Saying and defending racist shit is fine...just dont call out the racism. 

11 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

That’s because I hid about 5 posts filled with spamming and flaming....

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

That’s because I hid about 5 posts filled with spamming and flaming....

I saw most of them, perhaps not all of them; and my point still stands. Nothing I've ever seen DC post here on SW approaches the racism displayed in that tweet.

Look, I don't have enough time to teach everyone about redlining, the negative, and worsening effects on lower economic classes - and as a result, minorities; of gentrification, Robert Moses and the design of his bridge in NY designed to keep undesirables out of certain neighbourhoods, to the Daly family in Chicago, along with their poor and/or vindictive decisions have plagued that city for decades after they've left.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I saw most of them, perhaps not all of them; and my point still stands. Nothing I've ever seen DC post here on SW approaches the racism displayed in that tweet.

I don't have enough time to teach everyone about redlining, the negative, and worsening effects on lower economic classes - and as a result, minorities;

I guess I took for granted how unaware some people could be about stuff like that. Trump trading on "white flight" in 2020 is one of the most plain as day racist shit he's said since he called most Mexicans rapist and killers. You have to be either racist, stupid, or a combination of both to not see that for what it is. 

49 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Look, I don't have enough time to teach everyone about redlining, the negative, and worsening effects on lower economic classes - and as a result, minorities; of gentrification, Robert Moses and the design of his bridge in NY designed to keep undesirables out of certain neighbourhoods, to the Daly family in Chicago, along with their poor and/or vindictive decisions have plagued that city for decades after they've left.

Nothing is stopping people such as yourself from dwelling within and building a house in a low income area, but it's fairly obvious that you wouldn't and for the reasons I've already outlined.

You could spend and build a $500,000 house and it would instantly be worth $250,000 or less in a low income area. You'd be at much higher risk of home invasion, burglary, robbery, murder and various other violent crimes associated. 

There's nothing positive in bringing low income people into a high income area but the suffering of those who can rightfully afford to live there. You put them at risk to their property, their lives and well being and the economic deterioration of the investment which is their home.

This isn't redlining, this is stopping the artificial and forced integration of people who have no business inhabiting these areas. It's not about race, it's about protecting the people who have rightfully and financially built up and forged these safe and financially  secure communities. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Nothing is stopping people such as yourself from dwelling within and building a house in a low income area, but it's fairly obvious that you wouldn't and for the reasons I've already outlined.

You could spend and build a $500,000 house and it would instantly be worth $250,000 or less in a low income area. You'd be at much higher risk of home invasion, burglary, robbery, murder and various other violent crimes associated. 

There's nothing positive in bringing low income people into a high income area but the suffering of those who can rightfully afford to live there. You put them at risk to their property, their lives and well being and the economic deterioration of the investment which is their home.

This isn't redlining, this is stopping the artificial and forced integration of people who have no business inhabiting these areas. It's not about race, it's about protecting the people who have rightfully and financially built up and forged these safe and financially  secure communities. 

Wow.