Jeff Grubb: Xbox Live Gold going away; multiplayer to be free.

There's still no confirmation and plenty of confusion. The speculation is now that free to play games like Warframe, Fortnite, etc. No longer require Xbox Live Gold. So essentially doing what Sony has been doing day one. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah I see, so they're just doing what Sony is doing now. It's a good move, but it took them too long. 

They're using their deep pockets to force Sony into an uncomfortable position.

Sony can't, Xbox can and will outlast all of them. No one has the available capital or infrastructure to follow them.    We're talking a company worth 15x Nintendo and Sony combined. There's

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

There's still no confirmation and plenty of confusion. The speculation is now that free to play games like Warframe, Fortnite, etc. No longer require Xbox Live Gold. So essentially doing what Sony has been doing day one. 

No, essentially what Sony did last gen, before they got greedy

Just now, Vini said:

No, essentially what Sony did last gen, before they got greedy

I mean in terms of requiring an online multiplayer subscription to play those free to play games, which you don't need on PS4, but do on Xbox One. 

Just now, lynux3 said:

I mean in terms of requiring an online multiplayer subscription to play those free to play games, which you don't need on PS4, but do on Xbox One. 

In terms of that specific detail of the story, yes. 

In terms of the story itself, Phil just dropped a Hiroshima and Nagasaki on Sony. 

Just now, Vini said:

In terms of that specific detail of the story, yes. 

In terms of the story itself, Phil just dropped a Hiroshima and Nagasaki on Sony. 

Phil hasn't dropped anything. This is speculation/rumor speak. Slow down. :whoa:

Just now, lynux3 said:

Not even industry folk are backing up this claim. It's going to be another bad day for you if this doesn't come to fruition. :reg: 

I posted about this a week ago the writing is on the wall as soon as they got rid of the 1yr subscription. 

4 minutes ago, Vini said:

I posted about this a week ago the writing is on the wall as soon as they got rid of the 1yr subscription. 

And the monthly/quarterly subscriptions are still intact. :reg: 

image.png.972aef99602656af46441e21cf24bcf4.png