Sign in to follow this  
SheepKilla

Do you feel like you are personally in a worse or better financial situation since the pandemic?

For me, I have to say I feel like I am in a better one. Less work for same amount of pay, including unemployment benefits for when I was unemployed.  

Just trying to see honestly how people here were effected. I think the government's policies led to a lot of money going to working people. I worry if inflation will start. 

Since everything went into lockdown I realized how much money I waste away during the course of a week/month, and have since saved up 6K since March. But I work in a field that has been extremely busy since this pandemic started.

On the other hand I know people in the hospitality field - with student debt, and/or dependants; that are in a far worse situation, and with no end in sight to when their wages will return to pre-covid levels.

I have made more money, due to layoffs. Companies rather hire me to do freelance projects, instead of keeping a full-time person to do them (much cheaper for them). I also have a full-time position, as well. Many times, I do my freelance work at my office, so I get paid for 2 jobs while being on the clock for 1 lol.