PlayStation DualSense battery life only 10-12 hours

Those haptic pressure sensitive force feedback triggers are obviously going to be power hungry.

I wonder if those figures are assuming full usage like that... or if the controller gets better battery life when used normally without those features?

2 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

It's amusing how you think this is somehow a negative.

No, forcefully splitting the controller in half, voiding its warranty and sourcing a questionable quality battery online is much more efficient than some brand name rechargeable batteries I can pick up down the block...

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Which last like 40 hours, or you can get numerous different kinds of rechargeable batteries which last 30 to 40 hours. 

:patpatpat:

8 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

It's amusing how you think this is somehow a negative.

Its hilarious that these two lemmings think having to continually purchase AA batteries is some how better than having a built in option.     

MS only did that so lemmings would have to pay the extra for the convenience of a play and charge kit:ANYWORD:

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, forcefully splitting the controller in half, voiding its warranty and sourcing a questionable quality battery online is much more efficient than some brand name rechargeable batteries I can pick up down the block...

I love having the option to either use batteries, or a rechargeable battery pack.  Having the option is always great.  I can buy multiple batteries and never have to worry about charging or connecting anything to play... or I can have multiple rechargeable battery packs and always have a set charged and ready to go...

I mean, I just don't agree with the idea that having the ability to use AA batteries.. is somehow "old technology" lmao

Anyway, with regards to the DualSense.. it's going to be interesting to see where it ultimately lands.  It's still an improvement over the DS4.. so it's not really a big deal.

I can't wait to get my hands on both controllers.

17 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Its hilarious that these two lemmings think having to continually purchase AA batteries is some how better than having a built in option.     

When you have to essentially charge that built in option every 6 hours.... yeah it's better :drake: 

Or you know.. I just buy a rechargeable pack of AA batteries and always have some ready.. and also have some for whatever other remotes or shit I have requires them :danylol: 

47 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Which last like 40 hours, or you can get numerous different kinds of rechargeable batteries which last 30 to 40 hours. 

:patpatpat:

uhh theres no way this is remotely true. The rechargeable batteries I have don't last anywhere near that long.

37 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

When you have to essentially charge that built in option every 6 hours.... yeah it's better :drake: 

Or you know.. I just buy a rechargeable pack of AA batteries and always have some ready.. and also have some for whatever other remotes or shit I have requires them :danylol: 

My pro controller lasts 50 hrs bro, every 6 hrs my ass :spincool:

Or you know, MS could include the play and charge kit with their controllers and then give you the choice to. purchase AAA batteries if you want to :shrug:

Instead you have no choice but to spend more money just to use the controller either constantly purchasing AA batteries, purchasing a AA rechargeable set which doesn't last as long as you claim... and you will need a new set throughout the life cycle of the console... or spending extra for a play and charge kit:mj:

12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

My pro controller lasts 50 hrs bro, every 6 hrs my ass :spincool:

Or you know, MS could include the play and charge kit with their controllers and then give you the choice to. purchase AAA batteries if you want to :shrug:

Instead you have no choice but to spend more money just to use the controller either constantly purchasing AA batteries, purchasing a AA rechargeable set which doesn't last as long as you claim... and you will need a new set throughout the life cycle of the console... or spending extra for a play and charge kit:mj:

Uh, what does that change?  I specifically said... "when you have to charge every 6h then yea, it's better"... that point stands.

And having the choice is always better.  Batteries wear out... it's nice to be able to throw a different pack in and be as good as new.

14 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Uh, what does that change?  I specifically said... "when you have to charge every 6h then yea, it's better"... that point stands.

And having the choice is always better.  Batteries wear out... it's nice to be able to throw a different pack in and be as good as new.

No it doesn't stand because I don't have to charge my wireless controller every 6 hrs, it can go weeks with heavy usage without the need to charge and that controller has both HD rumble and Gyro snd still lasts forever. 

They could have included the play and charge kit bro.(With the option of AA if you wanted)....Not including it in the box is substandard... Rechargeable batteries are standard now. :shrug:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

No it doesn't stand because I don't have to charge my wireless controller every 6 hrs, it can go weeks with heavy usage without the need to charge and that controller has both HD rumble and Gyro snd still lasts forever. 

They could have included the play and charge kit bro.(With the option of AA if you wanted)....Not including it in the box is substandard... Rechargeable batteries are standard now. :shrug:

Yes, well that's nice, but DS4 controllers are different... which was my point.

Yea, they should include a play and charge kit with every controller.  I've got a couple of them which did actually come with controllers I've bought.. but I realize most of them don't.  I'm not arguing that they shouldn't.. I'm simply arguing that "using AA batteries" isn't some "legacy" thing... it has it's benefits.  I like the option of being able to use AA batteries and swap them out immediately without having to wait for my controller to recharge and play plugged in.

That said.. I really don't care which way a controller goes... so long as battery life is decent considering what the controller is doing.. and the DS4 fails in that regard.  DualSense seems to be a decent amount better considering it has more mechanisms and moving parts inside.. so I'm anxious to see how close these figures are, and whether it's assuming rigorous usage of all the features, or just standard play.