Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

It's Poppin' Off in Beirut, Lebanon

1 hour ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Holy fuck tits

At first you're like... Uhhh ok, yeah looks like Fireworks... then at :08 it's like a jumpscare video.

Also, LiveStream on the following link:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1290676374433234945

Building looks like the aftermatch of the Oklahoma City Bombing. Jesus.

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Firecracker factory apparently

Is that from the chinese state media? :whipit:

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help

A doctor at St Joseph’s hospital, less than 2km (1.2 miles) from the blast, said dozens of injured people were being brought for treatment but were unable to be received because the hospital had been destroyed. “They’re bringing people to the hospital but we can’t treat them,” he said. “They’re leaving them outside in the street. The hospital is broken, the ER is broken.”

:grimaceright:

Rumble of Beirut explosion felt in Cyprus

That is 234 km (145 miles) away.

My colleague Michael Safi just spoke to a resident there in the city of Larnaca. “Everyone in Cyprus felt it,” said the person, who asked to be referred to only by his first name, George. “The door was shaking in my house. In Larnaca, they heard it and felt it … It was so loud we thought it happened here. My house was shaking.

:grimaceleft:

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Firecracker factory apparently

Seems so but they also seem to be in disarray with conflicting reports:

Lebanon’s health minister told journalists a ship carrying fireworks had blown up in the port, though the size of the blast heard across the country raised suspicions it might have resulted from a rocket strike or detonation of explosives, deliberate or otherwise. He said at least dozens were wounded but did not give further details of casualties.

The Lebanese Customs director-general Badri Daher also claimed an explosion occurred at chemical warehouse in the port area.

I could definitely see fireworks, but that mushroom cloud indicates that its got to be some other type of chemical.

There are silos at that ports.

This is why there are regulations for everything. Heartbreaking to think that there were innocent people in those nearby buildings, and they got absolutely blown away.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

I could definitely see fireworks, but that mushroom cloud indicates that its got to be some other type of chemical.

There are silos at that ports.

This is why there are regulations for everything. Heartbreaking to think that there were innocent people in those nearby buildings, and they got absolutely blown away.

Yeah latest report is 30 dead, and over 3K injured.

On top of that, the nearby hospital was affected, and they couldn't bring any of the people into the nearest ER war since it was effectively inaccessible. 

It seems far too large for a 'Fireworks' explosion; and the shockwave, and the smattering of explosions before the MOTHERLOAD explosion, could indicate munitions.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
1 hour ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Sooo fire crackers right?

Yeah but these bottle rockets are slightly larger than your Oct. 31st, July 1/4 Celebration variety. :monosmug:

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah but these bottle rockets are slightly larger than your Oct. 31st, July 1/4 Celebration variety. :monosmug:

Russian bottle rockets 

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

That sounds like Lebanon. Unsure if its corruption or incompetence ruining peoples lives

All they'll need is confirmation it was the Government who messed up for a full scale revolution