Should I play Alan Wake? (no bait)

Never finished it. i remember it to be extremely repetitive at the beginning. Anyone enjoyed the story? the conclusion at the end? 

Just now, Twinblade said:

game gets a bad rep for no reason. Its really entertaining overall and the story does go some interesting places, so yeah its worth playing.

okay

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

It gets old so fast. There are some cool parts, but it was pretty bad. 

Yeah It's like #96 on my games to play from EGS of the 112 games I've been given for free thus far.

I think its fine, for what it was.  by the halfway point, you're just playing the game to see what levels they take you around, and you get to enjoy the unique scenery because you don't see many games taking place in the Pacific Northwest.

There's a pretty nifty storytelling moment about 2/3's of the way through, but its a relatively quick moment.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

I think its fine, for what it was.  by the halfway point, you're just playing the game to see what levels they take you around, and you get to enjoy the unique scenery because you don't see many games taking place in the Pacific Northwest.

There's a pretty nifty storytelling moment about 2/3's of the way through, but its a relatively quick moment.

Well there ya go @kazi of Skalitz, You like Shadowrun - also set in the PNW; so get in there.