MVC/DEVELOP: Why indies are struggling to be seen on the Switch eShop.

https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news/i-literally-cannot-sell-units-on-switch-its-heartbreaking-and-it-makes-me-really-sad-for-the-eshop-why-indies-are-struggling-to-be-seen-on-the-switch-eshop/

Many developers have concerns about discoverability on the platform. Nintendo itself commented on the problem back in 2018, promising to address the lack of discoverability – though the changes made, such as the introduction of the ‘Discover’ tab, do not seem to have fully solved the issue.

"Now I’m stuck in a situation where I may be forced to deep discount on Switch, otherwise I literally cannot sell units on Switch. It’s heartbreaking, and it makes me really sad for the eShop."

2 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Yeah no shit.  I told the shiip this before.  eShop sucks and is flooded with garbage and now shit don't sell :reg: 

It's an indie dumping ground and it's only going to get worse once major publishers/indie move onto next generation entirely.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

It's an indie dumping ground and it's only going to get worse once major publishers/indie move onto next generation entirely.

I could have never imagined a Nintendo platform would have allowed any shit developer to dump their games on their shop... but it's obvious that allowing it was an unintended reaction to the success that they saw early on with the Switch being the "perfect indie machine"

Not to mention being starved for content waiting for Nintendo's 1 or 2 games per year... it turned into a breeding ground.  Like a virus it spread and Nintendo wasn't EVER intending on improving the eShop experience to filter through the garbage and make the store somewhat easier to use.  Now it's to the point where you literally don't even bother with looking through anything.. you just search for something you already know about.  It's such a garbage ass platform.

3 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

I could have never imagined a Nintendo platform would have allowed any shit developer to dump their games on their shop... but it's obvious that allowing it was an unintended reaction to the success that they saw early on with the Switch being the "perfect indie machine"

Not to mention being starved for content waiting for Nintendo's 1 or 2 games per year... it turned into a breeding ground.  Like a virus it spread and Nintendo wasn't EVER intending on improving the eShop experience to filter through the garbage and make the store somewhat easier to use.  Now it's to the point where you literally don't even bother with looking through anything.. you just search for something you already know about.  It's such a garbage ass platform.

Pretty much my experience with the eShop, and I've talked about how shitty the eShop is before including the actual performance. It's still a stuttery/laggy mess. I mostly just use their site to purchase shit now.

It's a point-and-click 72 metascore mobile level trash. :drake: No one cares if homeboy sold 100 units on the Switch versus 5 on PS4 with The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima launching in the last couple months. Not to mention all of the 3rd party games that completely missing on the Switch. The Switch is an indie shovelware pile of shit with Nintendo sprinkles on top. :mj: Literally the only reason (as shown by sales) to buy a Switch is for Nintendo games. It's literally a 80/20 split in Nintendo's favor.

1 hour ago, HALOmij said:

Sounds like PS4 owners had better games to play and Switch and Xbox gamers are starved for games :mj: 

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

It's a point-and-click 72 metascore mobile level trash. :drake: No one cares if homeboy sold 100 units on the Switch versus 5 on PS4 with The Last of Us Part II and Ghost of Tsushima launching in the last couple months. Not to mention all of the 3rd party games that completely missing on the Switch. The Switch is an indie shovelware pile of shit with Nintendo sprinkles on top. :mj: Literally the only reason (as shown by sales) to buy a Switch is for Nintendo games. It's literally a 80/20 split in Nintendo's favor.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuut :tom:

Switch still sells more indie titles than both PS4 and Xbox1 :shrug:

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuut :tom:

Switch still sells more indie titles than both PS4 and Xbox1 :shrug:

"Now I’m stuck in a situation where I may be forced to deep discount on Switch, otherwise I literally cannot sell units on Switch. It’s heartbreaking, and it makes me really sad for the eShop."

:awww:

8 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

:awww:

"sales on PS4 were 5% of what we sold on Switch"  :monkas:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

"Small titles don't sell on PS4.  I heard it was bad but holy fuck this is no even close to the sales we're achieving on Switch" :monkas:

"I literally cannot sell units on Switch"  :feelsbadman: