Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

There are feminine men and masculine women. There are only 2 genders.

5 hours ago, Saucer said:

While usually acting self-righteous about it. What's the cost of playing along with attention-seeking moral phonies? Your dignity. But if you want to humor them to fit in, I'm the last person to try and stop you.

Your dignity doesn't have much worth then. The most dramatic case of misuse of pronouns ever was at a gallery after-party where one of the artist who I met once asked if I wanted to smoke with their friends and when asked how we met I said "I met her at a mutual friend's show" and they said "I go by they", I smiled said noted and the conversation went on like nothing happened. You'll spend half a day arguing with Jerry for things you dont even believe or care about yourself so you have the bandwidth for it.

Vegans, Cross Fitters, Trump supporters, Gun fuckers, anti-maskers are all infinitely more annoying. It's really telling in the current climate what trivial things bother people in this forum over other things they act like doesn't exist or isn't a big deal. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol I admit that I've sort of taken a slight reverse on my opinion of Joe Rogan. It's really Joe Rogan fans that are usually toxic. I dont love that he gives a platform to terrible people but I think

who cares, hes white. he was privileged. 

3 hours ago, Liquid said:

Your dignity doesn't have much worth then. The most dramatic case of misuse of pronouns ever was at a gallery after-party where one of the artist who I met once asked if I wanted to smoke with their friends and when asked how we met I said "I met her at a mutual friend's show" and they said "I go by they", I smiled said noted and the conversation went on like nothing happened. You'll spend half a day arguing with Jerry for things you dont even believe or care about yourself so you have the bandwidth for it.

Vegans, Cross Fitters, Trump supporters, Gun fuckers, anti-maskers are all infinitely more annoying. It's really telling in the current climate what trivial things bother people in this forum over other things they act like doesn't exist or isn't a big deal. 

If it began and ended with vanity pronouns, I'd write it off as another silly fad, and if they're feelings get hurt, I'd apologize to them for not liking their new Pet Rock. 

The problem is that behind the annoying attention-seeking is the Woke cult's attempt to police language and turn Wokism into a global monoculture. If MAGA is stage two cancer, Wokism is stage 4. Imagine MAGA but with dominate control of our soft power institutions. That's what's likely coming if the Dems run the table in November because the left does as bad of a job of policing their wingnuts as the right these days. 

7 minutes ago, Saucer said:

If it began and ended with vanity pronouns, I'd write it off as another silly fad, and if they're feelings get hurt, I'd apologize to them for not liking their new Pet Rock. 

The problem is that behind the annoying attention-seeking is the Woke cult's attempt to police language and turn Wokism into a global monoculture. If MAGA is stage two cancer, Wokism is stage 4. Imagine MAGA but with dominate control of our soft power institutions. That's what's likely coming if the Dems run the table in November because the left does as bad of a job of policing their wingnuts as the right these days. 

Oh geez, another intellectually dishonest, overly hyperbolic shit post. I thought you were arguing in good faith. 

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Oh geez, another intellectually dishonest, overly hyperbolic shit post. I thought you were arguing in good faith. 

See? You refuse to police your own side. Trump is Hitler but the Woke are just  harmless college kids. 

Serious question: Didn't you say before that you drew the line at using corny sci-fi pronouns like xe and xer? With the Woke gaining more clout by the day, have you caved in that one?

10 minutes ago, Saucer said:

See? You refuse to police your own side. Trump is Hitler but the Woke are just  harmless college kids. 

Serious question: Didn't you say before that you drew the line at using corny sci-fi pronouns like xe and xer? With the Woke gaining more clout by the day, have you caved in that one?

Lol where to even start with this. It's not my job to police anyone. I don't even know what you and cocke are coming from with this policing talk. 

I don't use xe or xer but also I have never met a single person who uses those pronouns and I run in circles with queer separatist, anarchist, femme supremacist, heathens, and disassociated WASP. So that seemed to be a self corrected issue unworthy of concern. 

Now you're comparing the president of fucking united states to random hypothetical college kids? 

17 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Lol where to even start with this. It's not my job to police anyone. I don't even know what you and cocke are coming from with this policing talk. 

I don't use xe or xer but also I have never met a single person who uses those pronouns and I run in circles with queer separatist, anarchist, femme supremacist, heathens, and disassociated WASP. So that seemed to be a self corrected issue unworthy of concern. 

Now you're comparing the president of fucking united states to random hypothetical college kids? 

You constantly criticize the right but excuse the far left. You're not willing to reign in your own side. Instead you provide cover for them.

Anyone who's around academic, arts, or politics circles runs into the whole political crop. And I grew up in the Berkeley punk scene so this "I know trans people" brag is pretty lame. Again, if someone requested you use corny sci-fi pronouns, would you now use them now?  Have you caved? 

I'm comparing the power of the MAGA crowd to the power of the Woke crowd while you try to downplay the Woke crowd as just some harmless college kids.

5 hours ago, Saucer said:

How is maga cancer? What is the difference between trump’s presidency and George w bush’s? Without the wars. 

2 hours ago, Saucer said:

You constantly criticize the right but excuse the far left. You're not willing to reign in your own side. Instead you provide cover for them.

Anyone who's around academic, arts, or politics circles runs into the whole political crop. And I grew up in the Berkeley punk scene so this "I know trans people" brag is pretty lame. Again, if someone requested you use corny sci-fi pronouns, would you now use them now?  Have you caved? 

I'm comparing the power of the MAGA crowd to the power of the Woke crowd while you try to downplay the Woke crowd as just some harmless college kids.

I criticize those who champion disenfranchising people of color, women, and LGBTQ people. Who are fine with corruption and unsustainable quality of life for the majority. That all just happens to be the right wings jam. 

I'm glad you hung out with punk kids in the 70s-80s... Only flaw in your simp brag is that you're comparing boomers you grew up with to the generation you're whining about. It's tomatoes to oranges. 

I wouldn't use xe, but I also wouldn't handle the situation where I actively complain or needlessly offend someone. I would just not address their pronouns or say "they". Like how often does someone use another person's pronouns in a normal day anyway? It's the dumbest thing to sweat. Even if I did, it would more likely be a point of coming around as opposed to "giving in". Being rigid and immovable isn't really something to be proud of. 

You're making a completely ridiculous, disingenuous talking point to act like MAGA is completely separate from the fucking president of the United States, who has the entire republican party falling in with him. His approval rating is like 95% with his party. He's got Republicans candidates running on just the MAGA platform. He's got the biggest news network carrying his water, and nearly all right wing pundits praise him on a daily basis. 

How is that on par with a small percentage of a small percentage of people? Like 10% of the population even identify as LGBTQ, and you're talking about fringe percentage of that. On a colloquial platform at that. Bu bu they equal. 

Edited by Liquid
1 minute ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Didn't the massive economic crash and 911 happen under bush? 

Wow... come on. I’m obviously talking about policy decisions he made, not things that are beyond his control. What policies that bush did were bad? 

37 minutes ago, Liquid said:

I criticize those who champion disenfranchising people of color, women, and LGBTQ people.

Enfranchisement means having the right to vote. What the fuck are you even talking about?

37 minutes ago, Liquid said:

I wouldn't use xe

No shit.

Edited by Saucer