UK Sales charts: TLOU2 drops out of the top 10.. Animal Crossing back at #1

19 minutes ago, Saucer said:

What is this terrible spin? :pffft: 

The Switch is selling faster than the PS4, it'll outsell the combined sales of the 3DS & Wii U by the end of the year, and it'll outsell the GBA + GC sometime next year. The only pair it won't outsell is the DS + Wii, but no one's going to beat that number for a long time.

:cosby2: 

You're just proving my point.  

N64 - 33M units sold

Gamecube - 21M units sold

WiiU - 14M units sold

Besides Wii being the outlier... their traditional console business is dead... it's been dying for a while.  The Wii was a success because it was a new interesting concept and it was something the entire family could play and had games like Wii Sports and others trash which tons of soccer moms and partents bought for their kids to play.    On the other hand Nintendo's always done well with their handhelds.  It's supported them throughout some of their worst times...  It became clear to them after the WiiU failure that it wasn't going to work again.  There wasn't going to be another Wii level success.  So they did what they had to do and folded their markets together both accessible by a single product.

That's the reason why "Switch is so hot"....  It's serving the handheld market as well as the "me too" console sidekick market who just wants to play Nintendo games.  There's no Switch at 60M and a handheld product doing similar...  THAT would be a huge success because it would show Nintendo could actually be "successful" in the traditional market on it's own merits.

But they aren't. :reg: 

1 hour ago, HALOmij said:

:cosby2: 

N64 - 33M units sold

Gamecube - 21M units sold

WiiU - 14M units sold

Besides Wii being the outlier... their traditional console business is dead... it's been dying for a while.  The Wii was a success because it was a new interesting concept and it was something the entire family could play and had games like Wii Sports and others trash which tons of soccer moms and partents bought for their kids to play.    On the other hand Nintendo's always done well with their handhelds.  It's supported them throughout some of their worst times...  It became clear to them after the WiiU failure that it wasn't going to work again.  There wasn't going to be another Wii level success.  So they did what they had to do and folded their markets together both accessible by a single product.

That's the reason why "Switch is so hot"....  It's serving the handheld market as well as the "me too" console sidekick market who just wants to play Nintendo games.  There's no Switch at 60M and a handheld product doing similar...  THAT would be a huge success because it would show Nintendo could actually be "successful" in the traditional market on it's own merits.

But they aren't. :reg: 

The handheld Market shrunk alot as well.......Aloooooot...

3DS won't surpass PSP or GBA and it won't even sniff anywhere close to GB or DS.   

as Saucer said... Switch alone will outsell all those combos (Console+ Handheld) except for Wii + DS. 

and as I said Switch alone is making more money money than all those combos. 

:cmpunk1:

1 hour ago, HALOmij said:

Oh no I've been sucked into a sales argument. :down:

What's your point? That their traditional console market is dead? If so, I agree. Is that the only point you're making? If so I have no idea what you were arguing in that thread on Saturday. Why is the Switch not a success? Because it's not a traditional console? So what? Nintendo's having its second best gen in terms of hardware sales.