Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Seattle City Council approves complex package to cut police budget

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Cities have budgets. 

No, you're only ever allowed one choice.

It's abstinence only education, or late-3rd term abortions. Pick one, and stay there.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are a couple of nuanced facts that often get lost in the discussion of police reform in the US context: The biggest drag in police budgets is not the operating budget but pensions that pol

Big Concepts

No, you're only ever allowed one choice.     It's abstinence only education, or late-3rd term abortions. Pick one, and stay there.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Liquid said:

This new alt-right tactics you guys seem to love is making random, trivial, and at times completely disconnected points to make whatever you guys dont like seem completely absurd. Absurdity generated entirely by your own hyperbole and intellectual dishonesty. 

Yeah it's random and trivial to point out that the black community at large doesn't want to police defunded, it's communist LARPers driving the defunding, it just cost Seattle its first black woman police chief, and you still keep running cover for the LARPers.

And hey this tactic hasn't gotten old, right?

147.jpg

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you are absurd?

4 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Yeah it's random and trivial to point out that the black community at large doesn't want to police defunded, it's communist LARPers driving the defunding, it just cost Seattle its first black woman police chief, and you still keep running cover for the LARPers.

And hey this tactic hasn't gotten old, right?

147.jpg

Did it ever cross your mind that maybe you are absurd?

lol So more of your hysterics. 

2 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

And im saying dont defund. You dont need to defund the police. Increase taxes and spend more on social work. We can walk and chew gum as they say. And fuck off Gouk. I read the entire article. Im saying I disagree with that aspect. Removing 100 cops isnt going to result in less minorities dying from violence. 

Big concepts gouk :jasonj:

Police reform is a good thing, the extra budget that went to areas that Police weren't really equipped to handle, are now going towards people who can.

Edited by Goukosan

So Seattle lost a great police chief, a black woman, because shes fed up with the political bullshit. Great job everyone. Cutting police funding is only going to make things worse. How the fuck can you guys not see this? 

If a job is going to be paying less do you think it will attract better or worse candidates?

You could remove every single police officer in this fucked up country and the amount of black people being shot to death won't even decrease by 1%. This shit is really starting to piss me off. We have fucking entitled college kids who have not yet experienced life telling us how the country should be run. Fuck them all to hell. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

So people protesting at her house has nothing to do with it.. 

I'm not saying that there aren't several factors but the financial aspect is probably the biggest. I don't like what they did to her either FWIW.

So a powerful black woman was pushed out of her job, one she got thanks to overwhelming support from the minority community (which included many blacks). And to top it all off, according to her statement many of the 100 officers who are going to be layed off are black themselves.

So can someone please explain to me how exactly the BLM movement is improving black people's livelihoods? Because based on this (and many other recent events I won't bother getting into) it seems to be having the opposite effect....

45 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So a powerful black woman was pushed out of her job, one she got thanks to overwhelming support from the minority community (which included many blacks). And to top it all off, according to her statement many of the 100 officers who are going to be layed off are black themselves.

So can someone please explain to me how exactly the BLM movement is improving black people's livelihoods? Because based on this (and many other recent events I won't bother getting into) it seems to be having the opposite effect....

Oh please spare us. It's always the same people who are more tripped out about one person losing their job but not actually give a fuck about people being hurt or killed. Well, not by Antifa I suppose. 

39 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Oh please spare us. It's always the same people who are more tripped out about one person losing their job but not actually give a fuck about people being hurt or killed. Well, not by Antifa I suppose. 

Have you already forgotten about the black people who have been killed as direct result of their own protests/riots?

Like the 2 dudes from Seattle's chop zone...

Or the EIGHT YEAR OLD from Atlanta's version of chop.....

or the former police captain in St Louis....

and many more:

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/07/05/say-their-names-20-people-killed-in-the-george-floyd-riots-n592577

Go ahead and try to spin that as the police's fault. Once again you're just deflecting the argument instead of providing any evidence as to how BLM is actually benefitting black people in any way. Oh, unless you count getting Aunt Jemima pulled from store shelves. I guess thats something :| 

There are a couple of nuanced facts that often get lost in the discussion of police reform in the US context:

• The biggest drag in police budgets is not the operating budget but pensions that police unions have secured over many years
  • You don't only have to cut budgets but also redirect that to social program; but turning a neighborhood around through social spending will take years of concerted effort
  • In some neglected neighborhood the problem is not over-policing but under-policing, where the cops have turned a blind eyes to minorities killing minorities usually leads to a sense of lawlessness

Neither the enlightened left nor the fascists are ready to get into this level of detaill, though LMFAO

• Thanks 2
40 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Seattle Councilmember Lisa Herbold acknowledged she made an error in approving an amendment to slash Police Chief Carmen Best’s pay by six digits. Instead, it will drop from $294,000 to $275,000 in the coming year, by means of the last minute alteration. Otherwise, Best would have been paid significantly less than other departments heads and less than her predecessor. 

14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Oh, are these alt-right'ers now trying to pretend that they card about the black police chief this entire time?

Could they look any more transparent in their attempts?

alt righters arent the ones pushing black police chiefs away. Its people like you that think they do no wrong and everything they do or say is righteous and perfect. Your religion of social justice and equity usually results in the opposite. Trust me buddy, your shit stinks. The left needs to return to liberalism instead of absolutism. 

2 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

alt righters arent the ones pushing black police chiefs away. Its people like you that think they do no wrong and everything they do or say is righteous and perfect. Your religion of social justice and equity usually results in the opposite. Trust me buddy, your shit stinks. The left needs to return to liberalism instead of absolutism. 

oh wow.....you are only paying attention to this police chief because they're black. jesus you're treating them like your own precious token.

your ranting sounds sad...........it definitely seems like you are plainly ADMITTING that you are steep in alt-right influence now.

Thanks for finally being honest about it.