How dead this site turns out without its all-star charismatic posters

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i laughed irl reading this thread, including the part where the crew tried to "roast" me

I'll be honest I'm also posting on several different forums and I kinda see the same thing happening. There's no middle ground people seem to have chosen either left or right and are full of animosity

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

the site has taken an obvious hit in terms of quality, activity, and interest. 

it will all go up once you leave again 

• dead 1
21 minutes ago, -GD- said:

lol check out his "Hi SW - I was just arrested 2 days ago by the police for drug possession and have my Court date in a month." - thread . a real winner :mj:

Sounds more entertaining than Nintendo sales chart and look what Twump said thread 435677 :poop: :hest: 

Besides he's the self-proclaimed legendary poster, nobody can take that away Thug Lifee GIFs | Tenor

• Geese 1
Just now, bhytre said:

Sounds more entertaining than Nintendo sales chart and look what Twump said thread 435677 :poop: :hest: 

Besides he's the self-proclaimed legendary poster, nobody can take that away Thug Lifee GIFs | Tenor

lol ok 

1 hour ago, Bodycount N said:

I think it's time to re-instate Cooke as admin.

The issue that has pushed people away from the site is almost uniformly the overly political bullshit infecting the main board. The height of this was a few months ago when the front page was more political posts than gaming posts despite having boards dedicated to separating the two.

You can rant and rave about SJW mods, but Twinblade was the mod that got fed up with the state of the forum and started cleaning things up. I have no ill will towards Cooke, but what do you think he would change about the current state of SW when he was an admin during that period?

Something's definitely wrong with this site, and it appears to be yet again the same people who sunk Sidescrollers and SW in general.

Re: Sidscrollers, I'm not sure how HTP not wanting to pay the server costs anymore is indicative of anything.

The initial SW failure was due to a complete lack of moderation as the shitter spam got out of control. That's in direct contrast to what you feel is currently killing SW, so I don't think it's all that relevant either.

Run along to your Discord server, chaps. 

I don't want to leave nor do I want anybody else to. I think the site is diminished with every person (except Jimbo) that goes somewhere else. We're too small of a community to lose users like we have and I genuinely enjoy even the more ridiculous parts of the site. I spend more time on r/games than I do here and I spend probably just as much in the Discord, but neither of those places gives me the warped sense of entertainment that a Jehurey and Remij 10 pager or your photoshops do.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

ill be honest i think we are still getting carried away when it comes to banning other posters. I think we could show a bit more lenience towards minor offences.

Yeah, I was banning fools left and right. You can unban everyone minus jimbo