How dead this site turns out without its all-star charismatic posters

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i laughed irl reading this thread, including the part where the crew tried to "roast" me

I'll be honest I'm also posting on several different forums and I kinda see the same thing happening. There's no middle ground people seem to have chosen either left or right and are full of animosity

Posted Images

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

You also used to be more unique in character before something snapped and you came back as another generic cookie cutter Trump-hating Redditor :downs:

I'm back because of the pandemic and was furloughed :mjgrin: I am a Trump hater for obvious reasons. Also a lemming killer B)

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

real talk, the political threads ruined the board. they should have stayed in the subforum. shit happens, right? 

I'll be honest I'm also posting on several different forums and I kinda see the same thing happening. There's no middle ground people seem to have chosen either left or right and are full of animosity, one side gets eventually "bullied" out.

I blame the (social) media for fueling this :TJ:

And I see a divide between white and minority posters who used to get along just fine before who are now splitting in two, same here at SW

Edited by bhytre
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I'll be honest I'm also posting on several different forums and I kinda see the same thing happening. There's no middle ground people seem to have chosen either left or right and are full of animosity, one side gets eventually "bullied" out.

I bame the (social) media for fueling this :TJ:

And I see a divide between white and minority posters who used to get along just fine before now splitting in two, same here at SW

spot on brother. 

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

Two sides entrenched, dug into their mental foxholes; lobbing grenades at each other.

yeah, i've been seeing this on FB, as well. i've seen friendships and families crumble over politics and racial issues. if it wasn't for keeping in touch with relatives and tv contacts, i'd ditch FB. i was off of it for a year, and it was amazing! i rejoined because of a sick relative (just easier to get pics out to the whole family). i have deleted 200+ peeps, though, due to political garbage (extreme daily democrat and republican articles). i try to keep my timeline full of positive stuff. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, -GD- said:

yeah, i've been seeing this on FB, as well. i've seen friendships and families crumble over politics and racial issues. if it wasn't for keeping in touch with relatives and tv contacts, i'd ditch FB. i was off of it for a year, and it was amazing! i rejoined because of a sick relative (just easier to get pics out to the whole family). i have deleted 200+ peeps, though, due to political garbage (extreme daily democrat and republican articles). i try to keep my timeline full of positive stuff. 

Bill burr had a bit on his podcast, and during interviews about how even the statistics are abused or rather just used to further cement your own ideology.

"You bring in these stats, that you found at I'mright.com, download them, and just carry on!"

I will also say, the reason for the rise of believers in shit like Q Anon, and the various theories around Covid-19 is that trust in our institutions is at an all-time low; but it doesn't help that those very institutions have been lying - or at the very least; obfuscating the facts from people to have an honest dialogue.

3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Bill burr had a bit on his podcast, and during interviews about how even the statistics are abused or rather just used to further cement your own ideology.

"You bring in these stats, that you found at I'mright.com, download them, and just carry on!"

I will also say, the reason for the rise of believers in shit like Q Anon, and the various theories around Covid-19 is that trust in our institutions is at an all-time low; but it doesn't help that those very institutions have been lying - or at the very least; obfuscating the facts from people to have an honest dialogue.

yeah, "trust" is definitely at an all time low, so i can see sheepish mentality being of symptom of it. 

22 minutes ago, -GD- said:

3 years since deleting my Facebook and never looked back.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Words that seem to cut deep into Gouko-sans charisma :pavarotti: 

I gave you guys something to cry about at least, 2 short lines and a few words to get you all riled up and already a new thread with most posts on the front page :geese: 

No charisma :geese:

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

lol dudes are interchangable too. Sheepkilla and George or Ranik and Bytchre changed accounts no one would even notice. 

:sabu:

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

real talk, the political threads ruined the board. they should have stayed in the subforum. shit happens, right? 

They absolutely did... so let's go one better and admit the following.  Jehurey and Goukosan ruined this board with their politics shit.

Endless politics shit and jerry go rounds with his buddy Gouko fueling it.

Just now, HALOmij said:

They absolutely did... so let's go one better and admit the following.  Jehurey and Goukosan ruined this board with their politics shit.

eh, a lot of people (myself included) are to blame for the politics stuff. 

1 minute ago, HALOmij said:

You jerry go around every time with him, you ain't any better :ben:

Just now, -GD- said:

eh, a lot of people (myself included) are to blame for the politics stuff. 

It probably has something to do with the political climate this country is facing right now. I don't recall politics being this insane on forums in the Obama-era. Trump did a great just dividing the two side even more.

3 minutes ago, nitric said:

It probably has something to do with the political climate this country is facing right now. I don't recall politics being this insane on forums in the Obama-era. Trump did a great just dividing the two side even more.

i mean, there was definitely fucked up shit, back in 2008. however, nothing close to 2016...and it's even worse now! 

1 hour ago, HALOmij said:

Man that E-grudge you have runs so deep that you resort to making shit up. :mj:

When everyone came back to System wars...and Politics threads were being posted in between game threads.   

I was the one who created the Political thread and stickied it.   And GD and I would move all political discussion into that one thread. 

Even after I was not a mod, I have yet to create ONE POLITICAL THREAD outside of the designated areas, be it the thread or the political board.   You can count the political threads I've made on your fingers and they alll created were in the designated areas.  I followed the rules I helped create. 

The same "all-star" cast he is referring too (RaniK, JONB, Bhytre, DynamiteCop, SheepKilla, Vinni etc)..... they would CONSTANTLY not follow the political rules and would constantly post threads on the main board and constantly bring up politics in gaming discussions. 

Then when their threads got merged to the political thread (or moved to the politics board) they didn't like the counterpoints to their BS talking points that they couldn't defend and would constantly get mad and take shit personal. 

So when the "new" rules for bans were recently implemented that same all-star cast that couldn't follow the old lax rules and who would start political discourse and get mad when they got cub stomped..... those same posters were happy and giddy with excitement (Which I found hilarious)...

because they only saw the responses to the discussions that THEY STARTED but didn't have the self awareness to realize that they were the ones creating the issue they hated. 

What happened next is, almost all of them got bans THE SAME DAY the new rules came out because they kept bringing up political talk in gaming threads, couldn't control themselves from posting bat shit crazy conspiracy theories and couldn't contain their racist posts. 

Now those very same posters are crying that the new rules are killing the board activity and killing their "charisma"... the same "all star cast" that was giddy with excitement for the bew rules. :lawl:

oh and seek help for that E- grudge bro 

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, nitric said:

You jerry go around every time with him, you ain't any better :ben:

#Facts.  99.99999% of the Jerry go rounds involve Remij.   

That's why I started calling his role in Jerry go round the "Lemij selt ownage train" (it runs express and never stops... Choo Choo)  because he constantly complains about Jerry go rounds.... yet he would spends pages upon pages upon pages ridding it. 

The lack of self awareness by him was and still is hilarious :mj: