• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doubting NVIDIA  buying AMD 

ConsolesHBR  

DLSS is probably more impressive to me than ray tracing, mainly how it makes lower powered GPUs have significantly better IQ. 

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Might get my girl a  3080 for Xmas. She already has 32GB DDR and an i7. Not sure of the SSD though.

I'm waiting till next year, but I would like a very fast "Whatever current Samsung model that will be" SSD to replace my OS one.

I've currently got 512GB NVMe, and a 1TB SATA in this, but I'll need to see what this 3xxx series from Nvidia can do first.

Also, nice with the 32 gigs of ram :denzel:

I will say, 16GB is now the minimum; and that's having come from, very recently, a 12GB set up - weird BestBuy SKU; don't @ me. 

• aitch 1
3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'm waiting till next year, but I would like a very fast "Whatever current Samsung model that will be" SSD to replace my OS one.

I've currently got 512GB NVMe, and a 1TB SATA in this, but I'll need to see what this 3xxx series from Nvidia can do first.

Also, nice with the 32 gigs of ram :denzel:

I will say, 16GB is now the minimum; and that's having come from, very recently, a 12GB set up - weird BestBuy SKU; don't @ me. 

16GB is definitely the minimum you're going to want for next gen games.  32GB being recommended.

1 hour ago, HALOmij said:

16GB is definitely the minimum you're going to want for next gen games.  32GB being recommended.

Yeah I mean like there's the minimum required specifications, and then there's what required to enjoy these games.

5 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah I mean like there's the minimum required specifications, and then there's what required to enjoy these games.

Yep.  PC games have to transfer data into RAM before it can be transferred to VRAM (at least for the moment anyway :face:) so it helps to have a larger pool of RAM.  Not to mention for smoother multitasking.  Being able to tab between games and have lots of other probrams and shit running.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So are they actually going to reveal affordable GPUs? I’m not spending a grand on a graphics card.

It's hard to say.  It could likely just be the two high end SKUs, with the xx70 and xx60 variants following up at a later time.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

thanks for telling me to wait to buy a gpu, definitely good advice :|

:cosby2: 

I did give you good advice.

But hey.. want to be a bitch about it?  Go and buy a 20 series now then.... they're the same price as they've been....  Go ahead... by something mid ranged right now which is going to be outdated as fuck in 2 months or so..

This motherfucker blaming his PC issues on everyone but himself :tom: 

Edited by HALOmij
14 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

:cosby2: 

I did give you good advice.

But hey.. want to be a bitch about it?  Go and buy a 20 series now then.... they're the same price as they've been....  Go ahead... by something mid ranged right now which is going to be outdated as fuck in 2 months or so..

This motherfucker blaming his PC issues on everyone but himself :tom: 

I'd rather spend $500 on a midrange gpu then wait and pluck down $1000 on a new one. Im not you, i have better things to spend my money on :tom: 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I'd rather spend $500 on a midrange gpu then wait and pluck down $1000 on a new one. Im not you, i have better things to spend my money on :tom: 

So.. if you knew that.. then what the fuck is your excuse for listening to me? :cosby2: 

You expect me to know you better than you know yourself?  I'm supposed to know what amount you're willing to spend... and whether you have better things to spend money on?

LMAO dude, are you listening to yourself?  Stop fucking blaming me for your decisions whether to do something or not.  I give my perspective.. take it or leave it :drake: 

54 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

So.. if you knew that.. then what the fuck is your excuse for listening to me? :cosby2: 

You expect me to know you better than you know yourself?  I'm supposed to know what amount you're willing to spend... and whether you have better things to spend money on?

LMAO dude, are you listening to yourself?  Stop fucking blaming me for your decisions whether to do something or not.  I give my perspective.. take it or leave it :drake: 

So you assumed I was in the 5% of people who are willing to drop $1000+ on a gpu? come on now.

Just now, Twinblade said:

So you assumed I was in the 5% of people who are willing to drop $1000+ on a gpu? come on now.

Uh, I didn't make any assumptions.  I told you what the smart move would be.  What do you think, that the mid range cards are years behind or something?  You're making a big deal over like a month or two wait for the new cards?

LOL again, you're trying to blame ME for YOUR decisions because you say I didn't make "the right assumption" about you?

:mj:  

3 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Uh, I didn't make any assumptions.  I told you what the smart move would be.  What do you think, that the mid range cards are years behind or something?  You're making a big deal over like a month or two wait for the new cards?

LOL again, you're trying to blame ME for YOUR decisions because you say I didn't make "the right assumption" about you?

:mj:  

i expected normal priced gpus to be released. Waiting to buy a $1000 gpu is not exactly smart, because most people aren't going to want to spend that much.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

i expected normal priced gpus to be released. Waiting to buy a $1000 gpu is not exactly smart, because most people aren't going to want to spend that much.

They ARE going to be released.  Probably within the next month or two....

Not sure what you think has changed.  You're acting like Nvidia isn't going to be releasing mid ranged 30 series cards....

All I told you is that they're liking going to release a month or so (a bit later) than the high end cards.  My advice is still the same.  It just sounds like you're trying to blame me because you decided to wait.  That's on you.

1 minute ago, HALOmij said:

They ARE going to be released.  Probably within the next month or two....

Not sure what you think has changed.  You're acting like Nvidia isn't going to be releasing mid ranged 30 series cards....

All I told you is that they're liking going to release a month or so (a bit later) than the high end cards.  My advice is still the same.  It just sounds like you're trying to blame me because you decided to wait.  That's on you.

You said above that it would likely just be the high end SKUs :shrug:

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You said above that it would likely just be the high end SKUs :shrug:

At this specific event... likely yes.  They MIGHT do the 3090 / 3080 and possibly 3070... but it's more likely they'll do the 2 high end ones first, and the follow up a few weeks to a month or so later with the mid range..

The only thing that bums me out about these GPUs is that I think the rumors are true nVidia could only make them on 7nm while AMD may be making their on 5nm.

So that is why these video cards are going to be power hungry and require gigantic heatsinks for cooling.

And probably a year from now, they will refresh the product line with 5nm GPUs, which will probably make them leaner and more overclockable.

So, I've never sold a video card before, but I hope it has a resale value because I want to have the most efficient GPU possible.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

The only thing that bums me out about these GPUs is that I think the rumors are true nVidia could only make them on 7nm while AMD may be making their on 5nm.

So that is why these video cards are going to be power hungry and require gigantic heatsinks for cooling.

And probably a year from now, they will refresh the product line with 5nm GPUs, which will probably make them leaner and more overclockable.

So, I've never sold a video card before, but I hope it has a resale value because I want to have the most efficient GPU possible.

I think they’re 8nm