Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Covid-19 cases among children rose 137% over the last month with a 105% increase in hospitalizations among the same age group

In Florida, the total number of cases in children 17 and under rose from 16,797 on July 9 to 39,735 on August 9 -- an increase of 137%, according to Florida Department of Health data.

Covid-19 hospitalizations among children in Florida rose from 213 to 436 during that same period, a 105% increase. Deaths among children rose from four to seven in Florida during that period.

Let's open schools! :grimaceleft:
2 minutes ago, Saucer said:

And the studies showing younger kids carry much bigger viral loads, and around 200,000 new cases among kids during the last two weeks of July alone. 

Opening schools like this is a bad bet.

If I was a poor single parent, I'd be terrified of sending my kids to school. My ex and her parents are wealthy as fuck and her mom is a former teacher who's been homeschooling my kids regardless. I really do feel bad for the people who need schools so they can go to work. It's a fucking mess.

3 hours ago, Ike said:
In Florida, the total number of cases in children 17 and under rose from 16,797 on July 9 to 39,735 on August 9 -- an increase of 137%, according to Florida Department of Health data.

Covid-19 hospitalizations among children in Florida rose from 213 to 436 during that same period, a 105% increase. Deaths among children rose from four to seven in Florida during that period.

Let's open schools! :grimaceleft:

Bbbbut @unnamed  (DynamiteCop) and Dr. @Cooke (not admin cant help and virologist @Twinblade  all said its getting weaker, it will die out in the summer and kids are immune because they're young and healthy :feelsbadman:

Edited by Goukosan
2 hours ago, Saucer said:

And the studies showing younger kids carry much bigger viral loads, and around 200,000 new cases among kids during the last two weeks of July alone. 

Opening schools like this is a bad bet.

what? :monkas:

4 hours ago, -GD- said:

buh kids can't get it :cry: 

There's a vid of a Fox News host interviewing a doctor about these numbers and she's legit like "I didn't know kids could catch COVID." ...and she's the fucking host of a news show on a major news network. It's like half of the population is gleefully stupid and misinformed. 

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, Liquid said:

There's a vid of a Fox News host interviewing a doctor about these numbers and she's legit like "I didn't know kids could catch COVID." ...and she's the fucking host of a news show on a major news network. It's like half of the population is gleefully stupid and misinformed. 

That's hilarious and scary at the same time

:feelsbadman:

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Let me guess, Laura Ingraham? :hest:

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Bbbbut @unnamed  (DynamiteCop) and Dr. @Cooke (not admin cant help and virologist @Twinblade  all said its getting weaker, it will die out in the summer and kids are immune because they're young and healthy :feelsbadman:

This is no different than bait. Some people want nothing to do with this forum, stop mentioning them and trying to get them involved in your arguments.

51 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This is no different than bait. Some people want nothing to do with this forum, stop mentioning them and trying to get them involved in your arguments.

Facts are bait now?   You guys just want to be able to make countless BASELESS claims, but as soon as we post facts... you guys start crying up a storm :awww:

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Laura Ingraham isnt stupid. She would know they could and just not care. It was the girl from the Fox and Friends show. You know, the President's fave show. 

Fox Reporter - "bbbbut kids only have mild symptoms right, they don't die from this right?" 

Dr - "Children aren't immune,  a 7 year old with no medical history just recently died from this"   

"Its also about the children bringing it home, to their parents and grandparents and then the parents taking it to work" 

Fox Reporter :lupe:

It still baffles me that 6 months into this, we have people who don't understand how the virus spreads.   Willfully ignorant.