Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Blatant corruption at the Post Office

It also asks Whitcomb to review the finances of DeJoy and his wife, Aldona Wos, the nominee for ambassador to Canada. The couple’s holdings include between $30.1 million and $75.3 million in assets in USPS competitors or contractors, according to a financial disclosure Wos filed with the Office of Government Ethics when she was nominated. Postal Service mail processing contractor XPO Logistics — which acquired DeJoy’s company New Breed Logistics in 2014 — represents the vast majority of those holdings. Their combined stake in competitors UPS and trucking company J.B. Hunt is roughly $265,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/08/07/postal-service-investigation-dejoy/

The GOP doesn't care anymore about corruption and just doing it in the open.

3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

BuT I cAnT pOsT tHaT bLuE LiVeS MaTtEr On FaCeBoOk :mad:

They care about private businesses but not a constitutionally protected entity that Ben Franklin himself put into the original document. It's sad what they're doing to one of our best federal programs out there.

We have Covid statistics no longer going to the CDC and going straight to the White House.

The post office is intentionally being gimped.

This is textbook "First steps" when setting up a fascist government. Its literally happening.

And for some people there's more concerned about mascots on food products, right now.

4 hours ago, nitric said:

It's always entertaining to see the right-wingers avoid these type of threads like the plague.

They chose to be on the sidelines when our actual democracy and freedoms were genuinely being attacked, successfully attacked and compromised.

Actual Americans, seeing what is happening with their own two eyes.........and they are just sitting by and doing and saying nothing.

And then think we'll forget when they did that.

Im curious, do the US elections have a time limit on counting ballots? If this is a delay tactic by Trump supporters, would it actually result in less ballots counted?

I just read the entire article and the press release by USPS. According to them they are trying to make up for a 9 billion dollar loss. 

If this is some scheme to tilt the results in favor of Trump then put your mask on and cast your ballot in person. Vote the twat out. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help

“They need that money in order to make the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Trump said on Fox Business Thursday morning of the states that are implementing universal mail-in voting ahead of the November election. “But if they don’t get those two items that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting.”

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m7jkxq/trump-just-admitted-hes-sabotaging-the-usps-to-screw-up-the-election

Trump is a traitor to democracy and for fair and free elections.

14 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Im curious, do the US elections have a time limit on counting ballots? If this is a delay tactic by Trump supporters, would it actually result in less ballots counted?

I just read the entire article and the press release by USPS. According to them they are trying to make up for a 9 billion dollar loss. 

If this is some scheme to tilt the results in favor of Trump then put your mask on and cast your ballot in person. Vote the twat out. 

Technically there is a deadline for a new President. I know on Jan 20th or whatever, a new President must be sworn in. I dont think it would take that long even in a jank election. Republicans have worked against the USPS for over a decade now. Trump hates them because of Amazon and he's jealous of anyone making more money that he does, or being more popular, more attractive....

18 minutes ago, Ike said:

“They need that money in order to make the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Trump said on Fox Business Thursday morning of the states that are implementing universal mail-in voting ahead of the November election. “But if they don’t get those two items that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting.”

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m7jkxq/trump-just-admitted-hes-sabotaging-the-usps-to-screw-up-the-election

Trump is a traitor to democracy and for fair and free elections.

I would like one of the forum right wingers to defend this.

6 minutes ago, nitric said:

I would like one of the forum right wingers to defend this.

I will give Trump credit for saying out loud all the corruption and scheming behind the GOP. :danylol:

Even when we had a Conservative gov't, they tried to fuck with our Postal Service too.

In fact they ran a study to show how it would be ineffective to use it a banking service (like much of Europe does) for Canadians - especially for people in remote areas; and the study showed that it would in fact be a massive boost to profits.

This is because in a lot of Northern Regions, you may not even have a bank within 100 miles, but you definitely have a post office.

Well that government - due to pressure from the banking lobbyists; hid the report, and quashed the idea. :shake:  

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

I will give Trump credit for saying out loud all the corruption and scheming behind the GOP. :danylol:

If you ever want a good laugh, check  out r/Conservative from time to time. They always yell at Trump to stop thinking out loud, but don't realize that he is THINKING about these corrupt ideas. 

I wrote my congressman and my Senators regarding this but there's not much they can really do I think. It's fucking outrageous. It took a letter with my gf's written scripts for medication 4 days to get from the doctor's office to our house in the same fucking town. :|

So..........we are IN a pandemic.

That has caused us to partially shut down physical-location businesses.

Which has led to an economic slowdown.

And we're HEAVILY relying on correspondence quite possibly more than at any point in the past 50-60 years.

.............and Donald Trump is intentionally sabotaging that part of our infrastructure

because he's trying to slow down mail-in ballots to save his own ass in the upcoming election.

There's people who get their medicine refills through the USPS, basically all Vets, as well.

Check this out, its from the flipping subreddit, these are people who have side businesses or main businesses through ebay:

First off - this story is entirely anecdotal. It is my experience - your experience, both historically and currently, is likely to be different. I only post my story here to describe something that happened to me, and to see if experiences like it have happened or are happening in other places as well.

Some background: I've been selling regularly on eBay since the late 90s, mostly casually - but occasionally intensively for extra cash or to pay off an unexpected bill. I've always shipped via USPS, and USPS only - it's reliable and affordable. It's comforting knowing that, as a backup to my regular income, eBay + USPS is always there when I need them.

Recently I've taken to selling Blu-rays on eBay, old titles I no longer wanted, and new titles I've sourced from local pawn shops and bigger lot auctions online. I began in earnest shortly before the pandemic hit and it has since been a great use of downtime at home with the bonus of a little bit of extra income in an uncertain time.

Yesterday - something new happened. It's roughly mid-afternoon, I take my daily stack of sold titles to my local Post Office, prepaid labels attached, as I have for the past 20+ years, to drop them off for delivery to my buyers. I walk into the location and pull the lever for the "larger-than-an-envelope" drop off chute. Nothing, it wouldn't budge. It was jammed, or maybe locked? I don't know - it's never NOT opened before.

So I make my way into the main area of the post office, the place with the clerks and the lines and such and as I get in the queue I'm approached by a USPS employee who asks if I only have packages to drop off. I reply yes, and he explains to me that they are not taking any more packages today - only letters - and that I would need to come back tomorrow to drop them off.

"What?" I said, dumbfounded. "But these are already paid for. I've already paid for them."

"I understand that, doesn't matter. We can't take any more packages today - there's nowhere to put them..." he said, as he politely gestured for me to head for the door.

"But... but... " I stammered, trying to rapidly sort out in my brain how I can purchase postage online but be denied the opportunity to, you know, actually mail my packages on the date the Post Office sold me to mail them on, also the date I have an agreement with my buyers and eBay to ship them on.

So I asked - "Does this have anything to do with the news about the mail changes?" And with an exasperated tone and a tiny smirk he sharply replied...

"All I can say is that we are not taking any more packages today, there's nowhere to store them. We are full - only letters. You could try another Post Office or come early tomorrow and try again."

And so I left - but not before cramming my 5 blu-ray sized packages into the already-stuffed bluebox outside the location, something I would never typically do out of consideration for other customers and USPS employees (don't want to needlessly fill those things up, that's what the package-chute inside is for!).

And I leave it there - no politics, no blame game. Just a story - a story that happened to me, just yesterday - and has never happened before in my 20+ years of consistently mailing packages via the USPS - they turned me away.

That entire sub is freaking out, rather quickly because its dawning on them how it completely disrupts the entire core of their businesses.

We're literally getting to this point the closer we get to the election:

o0ujojz.jpg

Edited by jehurey

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/trump-campaign-voter-fraud-lawsuit-pennsylvania/index.html

A federal judge in Pennsylvania told the Trump campaign and the Republican Party that they must produce evidence they have of vote-by-mail fraud in the state by Friday.

The judge's order, in a high-profile case about vote-by-mail in the battleground state, essentially forces the Trump campaign to try to back up President Donald Trump's false claims about massive voter fraud in postal voting.

"The Court finds that instances of voter fraud are relevant to the claims and defenses in this case," District Judge J. Nicholas Ranjan wrote on Thursday, telling Republicans that they need to provide evidence of fraud to the Democratic Party and the Sierra Club, which are part of the lawsuit.
  • Like 1