Halo Finite Delayed to 2021

Just now, Goukosan said:

The Majority of Switch owners play the system docked.  Handheld only gamers really didn't start adopting Switch until the light came out...... but Switch was already a runaway success by that point.  

But yes, a great launch goes a loooooooong way in setting the tone for the entire gen. 

I dunno man.  I think handheld fans who buy the system play docked... when at home.  But they buy the console based on the fact that they can play it anywhere.

And yea, MS is fucking this up hard, and I don't think they can come back from it.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude in his Pajamas like a gf after a breakup. Straight to the haagen daz for this guy.

lmfao this is really why he left. He knew the daily beatings he was going to have to face. 

Damn, this broke Deeno   

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

It's like you completely ignored this part of my post... LMAO

lmao why are you acting like I'm saying they shouldn't release console games?  When I say focusing on PC... I mean putting effort into making it their main platform.  They have PC and they have xCloud.  If their console business dies... then focus on PC as a platform holder... because you know.. they ARE the platform holder... and make as much money as you can there..

I said they should have stuck with PC all along, because if they had... they could have been Steam right now.....

And sorry to burst your bubble... but PC gamers ARE subscribing to games... lmao.  PC is a major driver for Gamepass... 

Oh ok............I missed that part, because historically you have denied that they wouldn't go full third party on other consoles.

But you are acknowledging that possibility.

Which is the only way they can remain in the living room, since its the other consoles who will get to stay in the living room.

But the idea that their games will become huge PC sellers is rather silly..........they have to now compete with other shooters, the only game I see not having much competition if Forza.

But the question becomes............why would Microsoft devote an entire division to just CREATE content to sell? They're gonna have to release games on other consoles, and at that point Sony and Nintendo are the platform holders and they get to tell Microsoft that they MUST connect with Nintendo's and Sony's online services, and connect with their friends list.

Xbox Live can exist............sorta like Uplay exists. And if MS thinks they can charge money for "additional" XBL functionality, I wish them luck.

But I do not see Microsoft having one of their divisions being in the content making business, they don't do that anywhere else.

Edited by jehurey
16 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

I dunno man.  I think handheld fans who buy the system play docked... when at home.  But they buy the console based on the fact that they can play it anywhere.

And yea, MS is fucking this up hard, and I don't think they can come back from it.

buying a Switch (which is a Hybrid) to be able to play it anywhere (including a TV)  doesn't mean you're a handheld fan.   Handheld fans aren't interested in playing it docked and if they are, it won't be the Majority.... and the OG Switch is played majority in Docked mode. 

The OG Switch wasn't aimed specifically at handheld gamers.  It was aimed at EVERYONE. 

If you notice, OG Switch was marketed and still is marketed as a console hybrid, not a handheld Hybrid. 

"It's a console that hooks up to your TV but you can take it anywhere you want" 

vs

"It's a handheld that can be docked to your TV" 

That was done on purpose. 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, jehurey said:

Oh ok............I missed that part, because historically you have denied that they wouldn't go full third party on other consoles.

But you are acknowledging that possibility.

Which is the only way they can remain in the living room, since its the other consoles who will get to stay in the living room.

But the idea that their games will become huge PC sellers is rather silly..........they have to not compete with other shooters, the only game I see not having much competition if Forza.

But the question becomes............why would Microsoft devote an entire division to just CREATE content to sell? They're gonna have to release games on other consoles, and at that point Sony and Nintendo are the platform holders and they get to tell Microsoft that they MUST connect with Nintendo's and Sony's online services, and connect with their friends list.

Xbox Live can exist............sorta like Uplay exists. And if MS thinks they can charge money for "additional" XBL functionality, I wish them luck.

But I do not see Microsoft having one of their divisions being in the content making business, they don't do that anywhere else.

Now I think it's a very real possibility because Halo was to be the game that gave them a big boost at launch.  It was the "AAA MS game to push next gen"  It was supposed to be the game that bought them some time until they could get some other stuff out, but now that other shit seems like 2 years away at least.  If Halo doesn't release until mid or late next year... Sony has already ran away with it.  MS wont be able to recover imo.  I honestly think Halo was their only chance.  I thought they knew the importance of that game and it being a launch title  :D 

Now there's even more doubt among fans that they can even turn things around with Halo..  Taking it all together.. no Halo, No games even being shown on the hardware yet.  They're fucking up their messaging which I had thought was on point earlier on in the year.

They're blowing it.

They gotta bow out if it doesn't catch on within the first year and a half.  Drop the console, focus on PC and xCloud as their platforms, and then release their games on other consoles.  What I meant by the PC stuff is that they can be successful in the PC space.  PC gamers like a lot of the styles of games like service games, and online focused games like MS likes to make.  I think they could have several multi million sellers on PC.  Sea of Thieves is already, The Outer Worlds 2 for example, Avowed could be huge like Skyrim, Halo and Forza will do well, especially on Steam.  So I think having "success stories" on PC helps turn perception around.

Once their console business is kaput, then work with Sony and Nintendo and bring the games that make sense to those consoles out for them.  Build up an indie program and fund some games that can do well everywhere and especially on Nintendo.

They failed to change the stigma from the XO to the next gen.  It's just a fact at this point.  They're fumbling.. so if it doesn't work.. they need to drop it.

Just now, lynux3 said:

"Insiders" are now claiming that Microsoft has even pushed back Xbox events. So anything planned this month is now in Sept.

There was supposed to be an announcement regarding GamePass with a major 3rd party publisher.. or something to that effect.

That's probably pushed back, as well as Lockhart's reveal I would think.

This whole lead up to the new consoles has been too messy.  I miss E3 :tear2: 

4 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

There was supposed to be an announcement regarding GamePass with a major 3rd party publisher.. or something to that effect.

That's probably pushed back, as well as Lockhart's reveal I would think.

This whole lead up to the new consoles has been too messy.  I miss E3 :tear2: 

Same. The reveals have been so watered down.

Just now, -GD- said:

Same. The reveals have been so watered down.

There's no commitment to anything right now.. and yea, it loses it's impact when things get pushed back or changed, and they just drip-feed you infomation.

Not saying Covid hasn't played it's part in all this, and that it wouldn't be better any other year... but this is a system launch year.. so it's kinda extra disappointing.

lmao Jeff Grubb just said "what's something MS could do to help make this Halo news go down easier"

and someone was like announce Bungie coming back to Xbox and have them help fix the game and bring it out lol..

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

There's no commitment to anything right now.. and yea, it loses it's impact when things get pushed back or changed, and they just drip-feed you infomation.

Not saying Covid hasn't played it's part in all this, and that it wouldn't be better any other year... but this is a system launch year.. so it's kinda extra disappointing.

Yeah, too many delays. I miss the classic “$399”

so epic! 

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

lmao Jeff Grubb just said "what's something MS could do to help make this Halo news go down easier"

and someone was like announce Bungie coming back to Xbox and have them help fix the game and bring it out lol..

Honestly there's nothing... maybe pack in Halo Master Chief Collection again? Like they did with OG Xbox Ones (that's when I bought mine). Not sure how good of a look that would be if they pack in the same game... again.

12 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Honestly there's nothing... maybe pack in Halo Master Chief Collection again? Like they did with OG Xbox Ones (that's when I bought mine). Not sure how good of a look that would be if they pack in the same game... again.

Yea, there's nothing that they could have or do that would fill Halo having been an awesome game and at launch.

Now.. their launch is fucked... and then there's the question of whether or not Halo will even be improved to what people are hoping it will be.  Because if not... and they use this time to just touch some stuff up... then it's going to be even worse.  This delay has to sufficiently change the negative perception... so that's a challenge all in itself. 

2 hours ago, HALOmij said:

Maybe lemmings will finally learn that Halo never left us and it is just now the superior Destiny :tom5:

Bungie still the FPS GOAT

What is now sounding weirder and weirder is Sony suddenly shopping for timed exclusives.  For starters, if they were doing this a long time ago, the rumor would've been around for quite a while now. It almost makes it seem like Sony decided to book these deals recently and quickly.

And also, if Microsoft lost their main launch title, this would be the perfect scenario for them to pay for a timed exclusive, but they didn't do it. Because Sony was apparently too aggressive, or Microsoft wasn't aggressive enough.

All of this stuff happening almost makes it seem like Sony knew there was a Halo delay incoming, and immediately ran to lock up third party deals to prevent Microsoft from having a backup plan for their launch.