Reminder: Epic Games Store offering Remnant and Troy: TW for Free.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

is there a decent tutorial for newbies like myself? :mjgrin:

Yeah, when you get into the game, you'll be given three choices:

Hold your hand.

Point out what's new

or;

Just get right into the game, click on the icons, figure out what they do, and where to go with your Hero.

troy-egs2.png

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

now it says 32 gb.... 

@Twinblade, if you've got any questions, just bump the thread and I'll see if I can answer it.     As you may have heard; I kinda like these games.     

Troy TW is LIVE      

Posted Images

@Twinblade, if you've got any questions, just bump the thread and I'll see if I can answer it.

As you may have heard; I kinda like these games. th_benpire.png

TW0hours2.png.c3e65415f40fd9172be2aeb5e2fe5ac2.png

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • dead 2
6 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

@Twinblade, if you've got any questions, just bump the thread and I'll see if I can answer it.

As you may have heard; I kinda like these games. th_benpire.png

TW0hours2.png.c3e65415f40fd9172be2aeb5e2fe5ac2.png

and then comes lemij and complains about people who played doto 2 for 2k hours LOL..... 

this will be my first total war game as well, but i will take it easy

• Ben 1
8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Is the game actually good?

The short answer is, yes. It runs extremely well, the UI is designed to be simple enough, but the options possible should allow for some conniving diplomacy, and back-stabbery.  The combat (the lack of blood/gore sucks, but it's related to European rating systems if gore is included) is visceral, and very much a rock, paper, scissors format.

So while simple enough, it allows for strategy and tactics to overwhelm your army; plus the battle maps are large and appear varied enough to ensure multiple starting position. So yes, Axes are good for flanking/rear charges, Swordsmen beat Spears, Spears can hold the line, or wreck chariots, and missile troops come in three varieties:

Slingers - Longest range, but least amount of armour-piercing (AP) damage,

Bows - Slightly less range, but more impact for attacking armoured units.

Javelins - Least amount of range, but heavy AP damage; ideal for heavily armoured unit.

I'll be able to provide a more in-depth review after this weekend, as I'm only about 15 turns into my Achilles campaign. 

• Like 1

Also, the campaign map is one the most beautiful eye candy presentations, I've seen thus far from a Total War game.

The range of colours, along with the classically drawn sky is superb!

troy_egs_screen1.thumb.png.69b1ce382e08bd6a800f2f96b8234b33.png

started downloading. i think i will start in noobi mode. 

so are the stories in these games good? I always heard complains that its jsut filler

Edited by kazi of Skalitz
1 hour ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

started downloading. i think i will start in noobi mode. 

so are the stories in these games good? I always heard complains that its jsut filler

This one is much more story driven than previous iterations.

In the past they were set in a specific time period/era, and was a sandbox game. Meaning just because you were Napoleon, didn't mean you had to follow his exact path in the Grand Campaign.

Now there is a specific 'story' or Myth victory - dependent upon whom you selected as your main character; and your typical Total War victory which is accomplished through conquering and holding lands.

Also the overall perception is that the voice acting and dialogue between the characters is much more fleshed out this time around. Characters that historically hate each other will demonstrate that via the Diplomacy options; likewise, a longtime ally will be far more willing to engage in trade, or defensive or military allies.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • Like 1

pretty cool game. i never got into these, the last one i tried was rome or something. just murdered some dude and his army bc the guy didn't get out of the way.

i have no idea what im doing :ben: but it looks awesome and the combat was fun. you cant increase the UI size tho, they could at least make it possible to increase text size i mean holy shit im not an ant

the noobie guide is okay so far

and yea the game is smooth as fuck, i put everything on high and turned everyting on. beautiful :dreamy: 

Edited by kazi of Skalitz
  • aitch 1
2 hours ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

I edited so much i thought fuck it. has anyone ever topped a quadro post?

Hey who did you pick as your starting character? :face: 

If you're going to get into total war you need to know two things:

Most campaigns take a long fucking time to get good, early stuff can be interesting but sometimes nothing happens for like 10+ hours (sometimes a lot more) and then all hell breaks lose. On the Warhammer games (arguably the best) and Attila they're are semi-programmed events in the campaign that involve some bad motherfuckers (Chaos and the Huns respectively) turning up after like 20-30 hours and then the whole dynamic changes. 

And also, if you get hooked its like crack coccaine. :ben: