All Things Politics

USPS mailboxes being confiscated and loaded onto trucks in Oregon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with you on many parts, specially the 'boy who cried wolf' style reporting that is so popular in north America and how tiring it is. I respect that gut feeling. But it just sucks when no one d

The photo, which was tweeted out over the weekend, shows at least four mailboxes already in the back of a truck as a fifth one was being loaded.

USPS spokesperson David Rupert told KOIN 6 News the mailboxes in the Northeast Portland neighborhood had been vandalized and were being replaced “with newer, more secure models.”

Rupert said some locations that had side-by-side mailboxes were being consolidated with only one mailbox but added that “every location that had a collection box will keep a collection box.”

https://www.koin.com/news/usps-responds-to-viral-photo-of-mailboxes-removed-in-portland/

8 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

The photo, which was tweeted out over the weekend, shows at least four mailboxes already in the back of a truck as a fifth one was being loaded.

USPS spokesperson David Rupert told KOIN 6 News the mailboxes in the Northeast Portland neighborhood had been vandalized and were being replaced “with newer, more secure models.”

Rupert said some locations that had side-by-side mailboxes were being consolidated with only one mailbox but added that “every location that had a collection box will keep a collection box.”

https://www.koin.com/news/usps-responds-to-viral-photo-of-mailboxes-removed-in-portland/

The agency says mailboxes will only be removed from clusters where multiple boxes are stationed together.

https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/08/13/united-states-postal-service-confirmed-it-has-removed-mailboxes-in-portland-and-eugene/

There is no harm in having clusters of mailboxes. This actually helps during a mail in ballot election. Removing these clusters just causes further delay, exactly what the dictator wants.

1 minute ago, nitric said:

The agency says mailboxes will only be removed from clusters where multiple boxes are stationed together.

https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/08/13/united-states-postal-service-confirmed-it-has-removed-mailboxes-in-portland-and-eugene/

There is no harm in having clusters of mailboxes. This actually helps during a mail in ballot election. Removing these clusters just causes further delay, exactly what the dictator wants.

I know. But its not the same thing as just randomly removing mailboxes. Some are being replaced and some are being removed if there is another one next to it. Lets stick to the truth and not just photos with no context. 

3 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I know. But its not the same thing as just randomly removing mailboxes. Some are being replaced and some are being removed if there is another one next to it. Lets stick to the truth and not just photos with no context. 

The fact is that Trump has admitted to slowing down the post office before the election and this is literal proof. That is the truth. 

I just don't understand this. Its not only blatantly corrupt, but its also against basic general interests of people.

Its basically robbing the common goods that were established through a lot of fighting. Why are people not getting livid over this? Blows my mind.

32 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

OMG FASCISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hitler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you support a free and open election where everyone should be able to vote? Also, don’t you live in Oregon where voting is strictly by mail-in? 

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

Do you support a free and open election where everyone should be able to vote? Also, don’t you live in Oregon where voting is strictly by mail-in? 

Yeah... tbh I never had a problem with mail in voting. To me this is just a stupid political issue. 

16 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Yeah... tbh I never had a problem with mail in voting. To me this is just a stupid political issue. 

This is more than just a political issue. They are literally tearing apart an American public institution. Reminds me of when the tire companies literally ripped out the tram lines in Los Angeles area to ensure their market share and leave us the beautiful uncongested system that is world renown as L.A. traffic.

Edited by Chairman_Meow
2 minutes ago, Chairman_Meow said:

This is more than just a political issue. They are literally tearing apart an American public institution. Reminds me of when the tire companies literally ripped out the tram lines in Los Angeles area to ensure their market share and leave us the beautiful uncongested system that is world renown as L.A. traffic.

It's not really something I care to research... but it's probably overblown. That's what my instincts tell me -- and it's also from experience, because every news cycle, the liberals and democrats get mad about something stupid, that's overblown, or hardly an issue. It's because they read the news media and let them do their thinking for them. 

5 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

It's not really something I care to research... but it's probably overblown. That's what my instincts tell me -- and it's also from experience, because every news cycle, the liberals and democrats get mad about something stupid, that's overblown, or hardly an issue. It's because they read the news media and let them do their thinking for them. 

I agree with you on many parts, specially the 'boy who cried wolf' style reporting that is so popular in north America and how tiring it is. I respect that gut feeling. But it just sucks when no one decides to pay attention when the wolfs are here and its basically one of the last public institutions able to stand on its own in America going down in flames.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Chairman_Meow said:

I agree with you on many parts, specially the 'boy who cried wolf' style reporting that is so popular in north America and how tiring it is. I respect that gut feeling. But it just sucks when no one decides to pay attention when the wolfs are here and its basically one of the last public institutions able to stand on its own in America going down in flames.

I can respect that

35 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

If youre going to use TMZ as a source I dont want to ever see anyone make fun of TB usind the daily mail :danylol:

Their reputation is actually spotless. They were the first to break the news on Michael jackson, Kobe and various other people dying way before anyone. 

They don’t post shit unless it’s confirmed legit.