PS5 leak claims it might struggle to run games at 4K

https://wccftech.com/ps5-development-troublesome-fake-4k-common/

On the most recent episode of the Basement Radio Arcade Podcast, noted insider Jeff Grubb hinted that devs are having trouble with the PS5’s variable frequency approach, and warned that gamers may be “disappointed” by some major third-party titles.

The technology that Sony's using for the PS5 is AMD SmartShift and...a lot of people are just assuming the PS5 is going to be right there with the Xbox Series X, and it may be, I don't know for sure, I'm not a developer, but this SmartShift tech is worrisome I think. What it does is it moves power between the CPU and the GPU and developers really haven't had to worry about that, especially on consoles, in the past.

This could, at launch at least, prove troublesome, to the point where you could start getting stories from Digital Foundry or whatever saying "Y'know, the PS5 version is actually kind of wack." That will get cleared up over time, developers will figure it out, Sony will figure it out and explain to developers "here's what to do," but my understanding is they're not doing that yet and that's the issue. So, you go into launch, and people [could be] disappointed, with, like, Madden, NBA 2K, Call of Duty. That could leave a bad taste in people's mouths.

dusk.png

Dusk Golem reiterated that he's hearing from more developers that PS5 is struggling with 4K and that it's apparently going to be more expensive than Series X...

Shit.. before all the insiders were saying how incredibly easy the PS5 is to work with and how powerful it is... and now we're hearing more and more from multiple sources that it's having issues, and games aren't running well...  what to believe? :francis: 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listen to your own argument. You just said how RDR2 had native 4K on a 6TF machine yet somehow Cyberpunk won't on a 10TF machine

Lemmings have been so rattled, they're just piggy-backing off the Hermits at this point.        

So the reason he's sharing these is because he felt things were getting too one sided lmao      And he admitted he didn't know what he's talking about when called out by an actual devel

This guy? He doesn't know shit and what he is talking about doesn't make sense

The variable frequency is tied to power, which is a constant. Its only going to be an issue if a scene requires full throttle GPU and CPU

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Your OP talks about XSex a few times and compares it to XSex a few times. 

Not too sharp huh? :mj:

I made this thread asking a question about PS5...

bububu Xbawkz :awww:

Neither of the other posters ITT have mentioned Xbox... LOL  Just you..

Edited by HALOmij
5 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

I made this thread asking a question about PS5...

bububu Xbawkz :awww:

Neither of the other posters ITT have mentioned Xbox... LOL  Just you..

1 hour ago, HALOmij said:

https://wccftech.com/ps5-development-troublesome-fake-4k-common/

dusk.png

Dusk Golem reiterated that he's hearing from more developers that PS5 is struggling with 4K and that it's apparently going to be more expensive than Series X..

Like I said... not too sharp :mj:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Like I said... not too sharp :mj:

This thread is about the PS5.

bubu xbawkz :awww:

You actually thought... "hey I'm gonna post about xbox and make him mad!"  :tom: 

Because that's what you're stuck on right now... trying to get me mad about Xbox :hehe: 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

LemiJ compares the two systems in regards to development. 

I continue the comparison. 

LemiJ - :awww:

:sabu:

No.. I didn't compare the two systems.

I asked a question specific to PS5... since we've heard conflicting rumors..

I asked what to believe... and your response was... "durrr Xbawkz :lemming:"