NPD July 2020

GoT, TLOU2 :smoke: 

https://venturebeat.com/2020/08/14/july-2020-npd-paper-mario-and-ghost-of-tsushima-have-strong-debuts/

Consumer spending across video game hardware, content, and accessories totaled $3.6 billion in July 2020, increasing 32% when compared to a year ago,” NPD analyst Mat Piscatella said. “Double-digit percentage spending gains in accessories, subscription, mobile, and both digital full game as well as post launch spending on console and PC offset a slight decline in hardware.”

Ghost of Tsushima is developer Sucker Punch Productions’ fastest selling release in history. Ghost of Tsushima also debuts as 2020’s 5th best-selling game year-to-date.”

04C2367D-B65C-452B-96F8-B90A9489A5D1.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Half of the top 6 of the top 11 are Switch games.... That "perceived" success :dame:

Paper Mario with a "perceived" 3X launch compared to the franchise best. 

don't forget that ninty doesn't report digital sales to NPD 

I bet if you compared the total Xbox to PlayStation percentage sales for the games on this chart it would be a massacre. No wonder Sony is rumoured to be cutting timed exclusive deals, they’ve been pushing the most games for a long time to back it up. 

13 minutes ago, Cell said:

I bet if you compared the total Xbox to PlayStation percentage sales for the games on this chart it would be a massacre. No wonder Sony is rumoured to be cutting timed exclusive deals, they’ve been pushing the most games for a long time to back it up. 

It's like a theatrical release on PS4 and then eventually reaches streaming a year later on Gamepass. :hest:

37 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

don't forget that ninty doesn't report digital sales to NPD 

Yup, this is Physical Nintendo sales Vs physical console + digital console +physical PC + digital PC. 

Then when you factor in Switch digital/retail split is 50%. If Digital were included for Switch it would be a "perceived" massacre :dame:

• Ben 1
  • aitch 1

I'm really impressed with the performance of Nintendo games. With digital I think Nintendo games would dominate the top 10 just like most other country in the world right now. Never could have imagined Nintendo achieving success at this scale. Even at the height of the Wii and DS, Nintendo never dominate software sales like this.