Holy shit the RTX 3090 is massive

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[Me trying to figure out how these will fit into next year's laptops models.]            

The entire world isn't rendered tho . Thhbo .

Brag about it on Nvidia forums, and get flamed on SW?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Carlos Vela said:

Lol it is reasonable if the resolution is 1080p 

The game is doing things never really done before on this scale.  The downloading and streaming of terrabytes of assets, and just the sheer amount of geometry that can be on screen at any given time.

I'm sure things will become more optimized as it goes on.

hey, didn't that wcctech article that showed the photo also say that the leaker said that the 3090 founders edition was going to be $1400.

$1300 for non-founder's edition.

if that is true, that should bode well for the other video cards.

2x 8-pin to 12-pin connector confirmed for the 3090 founders edition which recommends a 850w PSU

EgF_ghPVAAIduXz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

It sounds like this will only be for the Founders Edition cards to begin with.  Board partners have apparently shown PCBs to outlets with 3x 8-pin connectors...so there'll be options 

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So people who already bought the rest of the PC parts are pretty much screwed if these cards end up requiring different hardware including new PSUs and the relevant connectors....PC gaming :roll:

Jesus CHRIST YOU ARE FUCKING DUMB.

There's really no helping you.  The connectors will come with the cards.... and needing a sufficient wattage PSU has been a thing in PC's since forever....

If you were planning on buying the highest end card and went out and bought a 650w or 750w PSU... then it's your fault for being fucking stupid.

5 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Jesus CHRIST YOU ARE FUCKING DUMB.

There's really no helping you.  The connectors will come with the cards.... and needing a sufficient wattage PSU has been a thing in PC's since forever....

If you were planning on buying the highest end card and went out and bought a 650w or 750w PSU... then it's your fault for being fucking stupid.

I've used the same wattage PSU for multiple video card generations going back 8-10 years :|I even UPPED my PSU's wattage for my latest build to 750 (from 650) to be more futureproof and apparently thats still not enough....

These manufacturers are just trying to drain as much money from us as possible and you're being gullible enough to not think its a problem.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I've used the same wattage PSU for multiple video card generations going back 8-10 years :|I even UPPED my PSU's wattage for my latest build to 750 (from 650) and apparently thats still not enough....

So for 10 years you've had the same wattage PSU.. and then when standards begin to change and advancements in tech require more power, you bitch because you MAY have to buy a new one?  You're mad because you DID upgrade your PSU... but by a measly 100w and thought that would be good for future proofing?

I always find this shit hilarious.  The people that want to spend the bare minimum on everything and buy parts around specifically what they intend to buy for the moment and then come around bitching and complaining that their components wont work in some other instance. 

I always catch shit here for recommending people spend more money on something as they'll be better off for it in the future... and this is the results.  I always advocate higher wattage PSUs.... I have a 1300w PSU.. and it will last me a LOOOONG time, no worries.  Give yourself some fucking headroom for christ sakes...

And are you planning on buying a 3090??? :drake: No... you aren't... so don't go throwing a tissy fit just yet... the 3070 will work PERFECTLY FINE with your 750w PSU.... and will include the necessary cable you fucking drama queen :tom: 

40 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

So for 10 years you've had the same wattage PSU.. and then when standards begin to change and advancements in tech require more power, you bitch because you MAY have to buy a new one?  You're mad because you DID upgrade your PSU... but by a measly 100w and thought that would be good for future proofing?

I always find this shit hilarious.  The people that want to spend the bare minimum on everything and buy parts around specifically what they intend to buy for the moment and then come around bitching and complaining that their components wont work in some other instance. 

I always catch shit here for recommending people spend more money on something as they'll be better off for it in the future... and this is the results.  I always advocate higher wattage PSUs.... I have a 1300w PSU.. and it will last me a LOOOONG time, no worries.  Give yourself some fucking headroom for christ sakes...

And are you planning on buying a 3090??? :drake: No... you aren't... so don't go throwing a tissy fit just yet... the 3070 will work PERFECTLY FINE with your 750w PSU.... and will include the necessary cable you fucking drama queen :tom: 

Bare minimum?? This is already my most expensive build yet and I haven't bought the goddamn video card yet :D Before you used to be able to build a damn good PC that would blow past consoles for nothing at all, now everything is egregiously expensive and feels like its designed to suck up as much money from the consumer as possible.

I don’t think you could build a PC for a competitive price that would smoke consoles since the PS3 days. 

I get your point twinblade, PC gaming is an expensive business, I’ve waited to upgrade my PC for years and never been able to justify it. But remij is right, if you’re someone that drops 1000+ on the latest graphics card, you’re very likely to have a big PSU. 

Edited by Cell
41 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Bare minimum?? This is already my most expensive build yet and I haven't bought the goddamn video card yet :D Before you used to be able to build a damn good PC that would blow past consoles for nothing at all, now everything is egregiously expensive and feels like its designed to suck up as much money from the consumer as possible.

Prices are inflated right now for one, because there's a shortage everywhere and demand is sky high due to people being quarantined... so yes, while prices are higher than normal, it's not like this is a typical thing at the moment.

Nvidia is charging more and more... because they simply can.  BUT... just because they are charging doesn't mean you can't build a PC that will blow past the consoles for a typical amount of money.  20 Series prices will drop when the new cards are out.. and a 3070 will beat the upcoming consoles easily.. not even taking DLSS into consideration.

And yes... bare minimum.  a 650w PSU is the absolute BARE MINIMUM I'd ever consider using with a modern mid/high end GPU.  Why would you think otherwise?  Spend a little more twinky and future-proof yourself.  100w bump after 10 years?  Dude.... give me a fucking break.  Learn to read the market better... and I mean, you can always SELL your old junk and put that money towards the new stuff.

2080ti's are selling for ridiculous prices right now :D I can almost make all the money I spent 2 years ago back on it right now.. and pay only a tiny bit for a brand new GPU with far more power.

Yall act like I spend $2000 on this shit every time and then it's gone.... no I make that money back because I know how and when to sell my parts :hest: 

It's not like consoles where you buy one and then it's worth half the price at Gamestop the next week and you have to trade it in for some stupid credit that you can only spend there :tom: 

And again Twinblade... you wont need to buy a new PSU... your 750w will work perfectly fine with the GPU you intend to buy.  850w is for the massive 3090.  Relax.  The cable will also come included.. nothing has changed.

Edited by HALOmij

I have a 460 wt psu and it supports up to a 180 wt card . ( that's with a 65wt cpu tho) I dont think a 750 wt psu would have any problem with anything outside of the 3090 , and it would probably even be fine with that .

Also , hopefully the whole series isn't as ugly as that . 20 series cards look fancy and nice.  This thing looks like a cheap pos .

Pc gaming lol, can't even run flight simulator at 60fps for 6000 dollars rofl 

5 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Pc gaming lol, can't even run flight simulator at 60fps for 6000 dollars rofl 

Where's the next Crysis :cry: 

Well, here it is... the entire world rendered in detail :mjgrin: