ROFL already downgraded

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Yea it looks great.  Its not even downgraded.  Somethings are different... like certain objects.. but equally as impressive as they were before.  The lighting has changed a bit.  Looks like improved volumetric quality as well as just being different for aesthetical reasons.  Reflections look improved in some instances as well using better SSR.

yeah, i also noticed some added depth of field and added texture clarity with objects in the foreground. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this yesterday on another forum because people were saying it was downgraded..     He literally said some of the same exact things in the video      Portal transi

Yea it looks great.  Its not even downgraded.  Somethings are different... like certain objects.. but equally as impressive as they were before.  The lighting has changed a bit.  Looks like improved v

sheep talking about graphics?  go back to jerking off to posters of LL cool J      

Posted Images

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

LOL it's still the best looking next gen game by a large margin. buh buh teh downgrades :cry: 

The irony of a faction with 0 actual games at launch. 

These guys don't have any stones - or a glass house; to which to lob them from. :haloben:

• dead 1
23 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea it looks great.  Its not even downgraded.  Somethings are different... like certain objects.. but equally as impressive as they were before.  The lighting has changed a bit.  Looks like improved volumetric quality as well as just being different for aesthetical reasons.  Reflections look improved in some instances as well using better SSR.

Are you blind? It looks half the resolution with half the detail in textures. Some things are completely missing. There’s no reflection on the water .. “improved” lmfao

Edited by ghostz life matters
Just now, ghostz life matters said:

Are you blind? It looks half the resolution with half the detail in textures. Some things are completely missing. 

sheep talking about graphics? :D go back to jerking off to posters of LL cool J :D 

• Haha 2

thread backfire  :aitch:

A great showing was a full gameplay demo of the new PS5 launch title in Ratchet & Clank, which is packing Ray Tracing, PoM, SSD streaming ahoy, particles gone mad and much more.

Here I take a fast look at the earlier June Footage and how it has changed and improved and just why this stands proud as a reason we need Generations to continue.

• dead 1
  • aitch 1
13 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

thread backfire  :aitch:

A great showing was a full gameplay demo of the new PS5 launch title in Ratchet & Clank, which is packing Ray Tracing, PoM, SSD streaming ahoy, particles gone mad and much more.

Here I take a fast look at the earlier June Footage and how it has changed and improved and just why this stands proud as a reason we need Generations to continue.

god damn...4k and improved effects over the initial reveal. next gen is almost here. thread backfire indeed! 

25 minutes ago, -GD- said:

god damn...4k and improved effects over the initial reveal. next gen is almost here. thread backfire indeed! 

I wrote this yesterday on another forum because people were saying it was downgraded..

qa11.png

He literally said some of the same exact things in the video :D 

Portal transitions look better too.  There's just a very tiny stutter now and a couple elements like reflections pop a bit as they change and the color grading kinda shifts slightly, but that kind of stuff is to be expected for the moment and it looks even better than before.  It has nothing to do with the SSD either, it's just engine design stuff at the moment..  As time goes on the engines will be improved and things like that will become even less noticeable as they become designed around these SSDs.

I'm very impressed with Ratchet.

• Like 1
  • aitch 2
18 minutes ago, Remij said:

I wrote this yesterday on another forum because people were saying it was downgraded..

qa11.png

He literally said some of the same exact things in the video :D 

Portal transitions look better too.  There's just a very tiny stutter now and a couple elements like reflections pop a bit as they change and the color grading kinda shifts slightly, but that kind of stuff is to be expected for the moment and it looks even better than before.  It has nothing to do with the SSD either, it's just engine design stuff at the moment..  As time goes on the engines will be improved and things like that will become even less noticeable as they become designed around these SSDs.

I'm very impressed with Ratchet.

damn bro. we may not always agree on what game is good/bad, but you know your shit when it comes to graphics :bow: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, -GD- said:

damn bro. we may not always agree on what game is good/bad, but you know your shit when it comes to graphics :bow: 

Thanks.  But it's kinda like what I've said before when I was talking about ray tracing and all that stuff.   A lot of the reflections and lighting you see in games now is SOOOO wrong.  Like... completely wrong in most cases.  But we've had "approximations" for so long now that even something that doesn't look natural, but has more "pop" to it, will have people claiming it looks good enough or whatever..  For a lot of people, it absolutely is good enough, but if you understand how the technologies work, and you can understand the limitations and how much work is put in to faking everything.. it becomes really apparent just how wrong a lot of it is.

Which is why I said that after a good amount of time with more and more RT effects becoming common, people will generally start to adapt to the more proper way that lighting and reflections should look, and how things will appear and sit more naturally in the game world.  Once people get used to that... then going back and looking at a lot of games... they'll see how "off" it really looked. lol 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Remij said:

Thanks.  But it's kinda like what I've said before when I was talking about ray tracing and all that stuff.   A lot of the reflections and lighting you see in games now is SOOOO wrong.  Like... completely wrong in most cases.  But we've had "approximations" for so long now that even something that doesn't look natural, but has more "pop" to it, will have people claiming it looks good enough or whatever..  For a lot of people, it absolutely is good enough, but if you understand how the technologies work, and you can understand the limitations and how much work is put in to faking everything.. it becomes really apparent just how wrong a lot of it is.

Which is why I said that after a good amount of time with more and more RT effects becoming common, people will generally start to adapt to the more proper way that lighting and reflections should look, and how things will appear and sit more naturally in the game world.  Once people get used to that... then going back and looking at a lot of games... they'll see how "off" it really looked. lol 

yeah, i'm one of those who are still used to the fake n' bake lighting/reflections/shadows. however, that video was definitely an eye-opener for me. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I'm still shocked we saw like 8 PS5 games with ray tracing. I was expecting RDNA2 to have token RT that would barely be used in real gameplay. 

I knew GT7 would for sure.  RT is the final piece of the puzzle that driving games need to actually push the true photo realism thing.

But yea, they're not going crazy with it or anything for now.  They're using it where it makes sense depending on the scene.  It's all very early too.

Demon's Souls was the surprise for me.  I was not expecting that to have RT effects.  It looks incredible though.