Had no idea there was a Rogue Legacy 2

It's a Rogue-Lite. They're not the type of games you go into with the goal of beating them. Your goal should be "How far can I get this time?

Over time you just end up beating them because you'll eventually get a good run if you play enough.

15 hours ago, Sabo said:

It's a Rogue-Lite. They're not the type of games you go into with the goal of beating them. Your goal should be "How far can I get this time?

Over time you just end up beating them because you'll eventually get a good run if you play enough.

This is why i can't stand this type of rouge like anymore. I play singleplayer games to beat them and experience some kind of structure, not to just repeat the same content over and over again with little chance of reaching its conclusion.

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

This is why i can't stand this type of rouge like anymore. I play singleplayer games to beat them and experience some kind of structure, not to just repeat the same content over and over again with little chance of reaching its conclusion.

Blame Twitch and streamers for that. 

18 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You will beat them though if you just keep playing so your complaint makes no sense. Trying again from the beginning is the basic foundation of the Rogue genre, all of them share this design... Unless you want an Easy Mode or something but then it would defeat the point of the genre.

Rogue Legacy was intentionally unfair (characters born with disabilities and other stuff like that) so you should've realized early to not take the game too seriously. On the other hand, Rogue Legacy also had semi-permanent progression that would make each run easier than the last. Anyone could beat Rogue Legacy eventually.