NVIDIA Geforce Special Event 9amPST/12pmEST OT; 3090-$1500, 3080-$699, 3070 $499

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think 2070 Supers will be at like $250 on used market soon. 2080 / 2080 Supers $300-350.   2080 Ti $400 used value at best,   with RTX 3070 being 1x faster than it, at $499.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

that dork on youtube did predict this one.

however, he did say there would also be a DLSS 3.0, I don't know if we technically saw that.

These video cards have more tensor cores, but the way he explained it was that either the algorithm or the tensor core architecture was significantly improved that it could perform much better than even DLSS 2.0, in fact he said 4x better performance.

THey didn't confirm any such thing in this presentation, I believe.

Eh those youtube guys didn't predict anything.  We all knew this was coming.  We knew directstorage was a thing and that the GPU would have direct access from storage to VRAM.  Just really didn't know what they would call it.

14GB/s though.. that's fast. :whoo:

1 hour ago, Carlos Vela said:

How accurate is this ?

that’s a shit ton of shaders 

2C7613EE-FAA6-436B-9C6B-9C631038D053.jpeg

FCCC4621-2E79-4FF7-8FEA-02BA58C94AB5.jpeg

It's accurate.  Look at the official specs Jehurey posted.

More powerful than I even imagined.  It has more shader cores per SM.

1 hour ago, Carlos Vela said:

yeah i just dont think i can justify paying 115% more for a RTX 3090 for around 20% more performance vs a 3080.

You getting the 3090?

Yea I am.  I'm an enthusiast and building PCs is my hobby though and I have an entirely separate income (translating documents) which supports it.

57 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

And so much for the cards being power hogs @Remij Guess I had better judgment for not wasting a bunch of unnecessary money on a 1000w+ PSU when the 750w I got will still be more than enough :mjpls:

DID I NOT FUCKING TELL YOU YOUR 750w PSU WOULD BE FINE FOR THE CARD YOU WERE GOING TO BUY?  :cosby2: 

Yes... I did. :cmpunk1:

• Haha 1

Apparently, there's an ASUS version of the 3080 that will come with two HDMI 2.1 ports.

And some of those aftermarket cards look like they have SLI on there.

The plain fact of the matter is that, since they're on Samsung's 8nm, eventually they're going to get these cards on TSMC 7nm or even 5nm within the next 1-2 years. And those refreshes might be quite considerable.

So, it'd be great if I can get a video card that can hold about 80% of its value 18 months from now.

That way I don't spending the money now, and then turning around selling the card and getting a better one a couple of years from now, or possibly getting two of them in SLI configuration.