You pussies gonna see this shit?

I'm seeing it for the 3rd time this weekend. Right now I rank it as 3rd best Nolan film. 

Not at all what I expected though, its basically a sci-fi Mission Impossible/Bond flick. 

My spoiler thoughts:

The plot as I understood is that

People in the future believe that they can kill their ancestors without encountering the grandfather paradox of not having existed to begin with. They believe this because they are desperate and it's their last ditch effort to reverse the damage done to the planet by our current civilization. The protagonist and Neil are there to prevent all this. The movie deals with determinism and free will. Is the protagonist preventing armageddon of his own free will? Or was he always destined to do so in order to avoid a time paradox.

I think the answer to this question is as open to interpretation as whether Cobb is still dreaming in Inception. 

Also the reveal about Neil's past with the protagonist was awesome and sad knowing Neil now has to go and take a bullet for that mission in the bunker. These were great characters IMO. 

Edited by Vini
1 minute ago, Vini said:

You pussies gonna see this shit?

I'm seeing it for the 3rd time this weekend. Right now I rank it as 3rd best Nolan film. 

Not at all what I expected though, its basically a sci-fi Mission Impossible/Bond flick. 

My spoiler thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

The plot as I understood is that

People in the future believe that they can kill their ancestors without encountering the grandfather paradox of not having existed to begin with. They believe this because they are desperate and it's their last ditch effort to reverse the damage done to the planet by our current civilization. The protagonist and Neil are there to prevent all this. The movie deals with determinism and free will. Is the protagonist preventing armageddon of his own free will? Or was he always destined to do so in order to avoid a time paradox.

I think the answer to this question is as open to interpretation as whether Cobb is still dreaming in Inception. 

Also the reveal about Neil's past with the protagonist was awesome and sad knowing he now has to go and take a bullet for that mission on the bunker

i'm going to try and catch it, not this weekend, but the following. 

Just now, -GD- said:

i'm going to try and catch it, not this weekend, but the following. 

I would see it at least twice for reasons I can't talk about without spoiling the concept. The movie didn't click with me till the second viewing. 

It's also almost completely lacking exposition which was surprising for a Nolan flick. Almost all the ideas are shown visually instead of explained. 

I hear it suffers from the Nolan audio problem. YOU CANT FUCKING HEAR THE DIALOGUE. Drove me absolutely nuts with Bane and Interstellar. The music and sound effects get so fucking loud you need subtitles. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
1 minute ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I hear it suffers from the Nolan audio problem. YOU CANT FUCKING HEAR THE DIALOGUE. Drove me absolutely nuts with Bane and Interstellar. The music and sound effects get so fucking loud you need subtitles. 

it's meant to be watched in the imax. for some reason, the audio ends up sounding like shit in regular theaters, 

Just now, -GD- said:

it's meant to be watched in the imax. for some reason, the audio ends up sounding like shit in regular theaters, 

well unfortunately i can't take an imax theater home with me. When i watch his movies at home its the same thing. I have to turn my center speaker to max and turn everything else down lol. 

37 minutes ago, nitric said:

I saw it in IMAX a few days ago. The audio mixing is absolutely abysmal. I couldn't make out the dialogue half the time. Going to see it again - in a normal theater. 

It's bad in both unfortunately. Try to watch it with CC. 

Nolan is purposely by design drowning out dialogue with background noise in many scenes and he clearly doesn't care about the complaints. 

Can you fucking believe I just PLAIN OLE fucking forgot that I had bought'en a ticket for yesterday.

I think it was around 11pm last night I start thinking to myself "oh yeah, I'm gonna go see Tenet tomorrow........w-wait, tomorrow is the second, right? The month just started today.

I think it was the nVidia conference, which was on Tuesday, but for some reason since I was still looking up alot of information on the video card yesterday, I still thought that the conference had just occurred on that same day.

Fucking 17 dollars wasted. I just want to book a seat at my only genuine IMAX theater, and have the seat be near the middle. I don't mind paying again, but I don't think I'll get a good seat through this weekend.

Fucking happened to me about 13 years ago, I bought Zach Galifinakis stand-up tickets like months in advance, and back then Galifinakis' stand-up was really good and unique (watch Live at the Purple Onion), so he was probably among the hotter tickets for stand-up around that time.

And I kept on telling my friend "naw, the show is like at two weeks away, late November", and then he reminded me, and it started dawning on me "oh shit..........it wasn't this week, was it?"

Galifinakis became a big star with the Hangover movie later that year, and he never did another nationwide stand-up tour again. Pisses me off just thinking about it.

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Can you fucking believe I just PLAIN OLE fucking forgot that I had bought'en a ticket for yesterday.

I think it was around 11pm last night I start thinking to myself "oh yeah, I'm gonna go see Tenet tomorrow........w-wait, tomorrow is the second, right? The month just started today.

I think it was the nVidia conference, which was on Tuesday, but for some reason since I was still looking up alot of information on the video card yesterday, I still thought that the conference had just occurred on that same day.

Fucking 17 dollars wasted. I just want to book a seat at my only genuine IMAX theater, and have the seat be near the middle. I don't mind paying again, but I don't think I'll get a good seat through this weekend.

Fucking happened to me about 13 years ago, I bought Zach Galifinakis stand-up tickets like months in advance, and back then Galifinakis' stand-up was really good and unique (watch Live at the Purple Onion), so he was probably among the hotter tickets for stand-up around that time.

And I kept on telling my friend "naw, the show is like at two weeks away, late November", and then he reminded me, and it started dawning on me "oh shit..........it wasn't this week, was it?"

Galifinakis became a big star with the Hangover movie later that year, and he never did another nationwide stand-up tour again. Pisses me off just thinking about it.

I agree

2 hours ago, nitric said:

I saw it in IMAX a few days ago. The audio mixing is absolutely abysmal. I couldn't make out the dialogue half the time. Going to see it again - in a normal theater. 

Oh really? Well that sucks. I guess his ego has gotten the best of him. Maybe I’ll wait for home release. At least I can use subtitles. 

16 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Oh really? Well that sucks. I guess his ego has gotten the best of him. Maybe I’ll wait for home release. At least I can use subtitles. 

I understood 98% of the dialogue there are scenes like on a boat for example where you hear the water louder than the dialogue

• Thanks 1

JESUS, thank god I created a Google Notification to remind me.  I was stuck in traffic getting to go something to eat, and it reminded me that I am supposed to be at the movie theater.

And thank goodness I set the reminder to two hours before the event. I'm getting to take off right now. Completely skipped my mind again.