What is your credit score?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Mine bounces between 780 and 800 on credit karma. I'm addicted to checking it lol

Once you get into churning, it's like crack. I obsessively check about 20 cards, and 7 active accounts. 

I've made a few thousand dollars in profit off my credit alone. 

5 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Once you get into churning, it's like crack. I obsessively check about 20 cards, and 7 active accounts. 

I've made a few thousand dollars in profit off my credit alone. 

I have no idea what you're talking about 

One thing I noticed about those “spend x in x months to receive x points”.. they’ve long caught on to buying gift cards but you can get a money order still

ie spend 2k in 3 months. Obviously if you just used the card you’d spend 2k but you can also just go get a money order using the card, deposit the money into your bank, and pay off the card 

Only a matter of time before they catch that tho 

Just now, ghostz life matters said:

One thing I noticed about those “spend x in x months to receive x points”.. they’ve long caught on to buying gift cards but you can get a money order still

ie spend 2k in 3 months. Obviously if you just used the card you’d spend 2k but you can also just go get a money order using the card, deposit the money into your bank, and pay off the card 

Only a matter of time before they catch that tho 

holy shit, really? sounds too good to be true. might begin using this...

are there any additional fees with money orders paid with credit card? never did one before.

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

holy shit, really? sounds too good to be true. might begin using this...

are there any additional fees with money orders paid with credit card? never did one before.

It may depend on where you go but I haven’t ran into any. Even so a small fee isn’t really a big deal all things considered 

also I stress that this may be blocked on your card etc so maybe look into it, but I’ve done it successfully a few times now (one though citi one through chase)

Edited by ghostz life matters
8 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

It may depend on where you go but I haven’t ran into any. Even so a small fee isn’t really a big deal all things considered 

also I stress that this may be blocked on your card etc so maybe look into it, but I’ve done it successfully a few times now (one though citi one through chase)

Did some googling. One website says that they treat it as a cash advance, and not a purchase, so they don't gift rewards for it.

Don't know if that is accurate or not. Maybe Chase and CITI slipped through the cracks. 

40 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Did some googling. One website says that they treat it as a cash advance, and not a purchase, so they don't gift rewards for it.

Don't know if that is accurate or not. Maybe Chase and CITI slipped through the cracks. 

Yeah it just depends. I’m sure there are other hacks similar though. Just gotta get creative with moving money around. This is a good thread idea tho, we need a generalized CC discussion (didn’t realize we had others)