Series S $299

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The names have been changed to protect the victims..... these are their stories 

Posted Images

Just now, bhytre said:

The price is decent for an entry level next gen experience but I still can't get over that design. Multiple overpaid people sat together and actually gave that thing a green light and thought it was great :tom:

the shape of the system is great. that circle thing is awful, though. i wish they would have used the one x case. that system is still the best looking console i've owned. 

• Like 1
Just now, Goukosan said:

He is Bi... he takes both Xbox and PC :ben:

I'll admit that MS supporting PC now has made me a bit softer towards the "xbox brand" but not their consoles themselves.  The fact is that you cant bring up a conversation or argument where I defend Xbox over PC in any way.  I've argued with Jonb and Dynamite endlessly about PC vs Xbox lol

When it comes to the consoles I keep it reasonable.  I talk good about PS5 just as much as I rag on it.

I'm very interested in the technical aspects of console design.  I defend MS's decisions when I think it makes sense, but I also defend Sony's as well.  I just recently defended Ratchet and Clank from a bunch of people and Xbox fanboys that were adamant that it was downgraded, but when I saw the trailer, all I saw were upgrades and some changes in lighting.  When something is very obvious to me, I'll say as much.

The Series S appears to be a very nicely well designed powerful little system.  That's not me defending Xbox.  That's me taking what I know about the new technologies from RDNA2 to Zen 2 to architectural improvements which make much more of a difference than TF numbers... and applying it to a tiny console.

A tiny butt ugly console :tom: 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

the shape of the system is great. that circle thing is awful, though. i wish they would have used the one x case. that system is still the best looking console i've owned. 

There's not much wrong you could do with a rectangle box, yet they still did by slamming an oversized cheese grater on top of it :tom: 

• dead 2
15 minutes ago, -GD- said:

but he just made a thread about a game coming to pc and playstation. unless he's tri :patrice:

Spelunky is a great game and a masterclass in game design.  I'm excited for the sequel, and yes, it's coming to PS first and PC shortly after.  Both are getting what is sure to be a AAA game this month.

PS and PC have been getting lots of AAA games this year.  My intent with that thread was simply another one being added to the list B) 

Edited by Remij
  • aitch 1

299 is a very good price for the s . A next gen console is the same price as a switch.  I think the series s is gonna sell pretty good .

Sony should try to slot the ps5 in at the 400 mark , that would be interesting .

Wonder if the all access will only be thru MS stores . That will probably flop . The pricing is pretty decent tho. 

Just now, JONBpc said:

299 is a very good price for the s . A next gen console is the same price as a switch.  I think the series s is gonna sell pretty good .

Sony should try to slot the ps5 in at the 400 mark , that would be interesting .

Wonder if the all access will only be thru MS stores . That will probably flop . The pricing is pretty decent tho. 

agreed. 

Just now, Remij said:

MS is doing as good of a job as can be expected with this lol.  It's better to just laugh with the rest of us than it is to try and fight it.

omg!!!!! the say anything scene :D brilliant! 

• Like 1