Series S is weaker than the One X?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't worry... you'll understand when it comes time for Nintendo to announce their next console. 

Hall of shame. 

So much stupid in this thread.  Remij might as well be talking to a bunch of rocks.  

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

uh oh. @Remij is gonna school ya

Man.. I just looked at the thread title and shook my head.  I mean, do I really need to repeat it all again?  Polaris (One X) is an ancient architecture at this point... they aren't even comparable in any way.

It's exactly why MS hasn't said shit about TFs regarding this console in their reveal video... They're all about it with the Series X because they have the most... but they wont with this console.

4 RDNA TF's shit all over 6 Polaris TFs.  So many more hardware features built right into this console that make it way more powerful than the One X.  I'll spare all the technical details, but performance per flop is greatly increased lmao.. not to mention VRS, DXR, Mesh shading, XVA, also with Sampler Feedback Streaming means that memory requirements for games drops a HUGE amount in comparison to last gen.  The CPU and memory are light ages beyond the One X.. and it's a much better balanced console all together.

This is a next gen console for 1080/1440p... that's all you need to know.  They built it for that purpose.  They will likely utilize cutting edge scaling techniques and dynamic resolution techniques that the One X can't do because it doesn't have INT4/8 support.

There's SOOOO many reasons why this console shits all over the previous gen.  Just don't even worry about it :D 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

Man.. I just looked at the thread title and shook my head.  I mean, do I really need to repeat it all again?  Polaris (One X) is an ancient architecture at this point... they aren't even comparable in any way.

It's exactly why MS hasn't said shit about TFs regarding this console in their reveal video... They're all about it with the Series X because they have the most... but they wont with this console.

4 RDNA TF's shit all over 6 Polaris TFs.  So many more hardware features built right into this console that make it way more powerful than the One X.  I'll spare all the technical details, but performance per flop is greatly increased lmao.. not to mention VRS, DXR, Mesh shading, XVA, also with Sampler Feedback Streaming means that memory requirements for games drops a HUGE amount in comparison to last gen.  The CPU and memory are light ages beyond the One X.. and it's a much better balanced console all together.

This is a next gen console for 1080/1440p... that's all you need to know.  They built it for that purpose.  They will likely utilize cutting edge scaling techniques and dynamic resolution techniques that the One X can't do because it doesn't have INT4/8 support.

There's SOOOO many reasons why this console shits all over the previous gen.  Just don't even worry about it :D 

Idk tho bc 6>4 man

• dead 1
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

So a teraflop is not a teraflop? What's the point of this measurement if it's not equal? 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

So a teraflop is not a teraflop? What's the point of this measurement if it's not equal? 

That's right.  A teraflop is not a teraflop.  You can't compare teraflops between different generations of GPU architectures.  That's just idiotic.  That's why Nvidia has always performed better than Radeon despite having lower TF compute power...

TFs are only a good metric in comparing between different GPUs of the same architecture.  They are THEORETICAL ALU performance measurements.

It's also why on Sidescrollers.net I was laughing at Jehurey insinuating that TFs were all the same and trying to laugh at me for the "magic TFs" I was talking about. lol

Edited by Remij
11 minutes ago, Remij said:

That's right.  A teraflop is not a teraflop.  You can't compare teraflops between different generations of GPU architectures.  That's just idiotic.  That's why Nvidia has always performed better than Radeon despite having lower TF compute power...

TFs are only a good metric in comparing between different GPUs of the same architecture.  They are THEORETICAL ALU performance measurements.

It's also why on Sidescrollers.net I was laughing at Jehurey insinuating that TFs were all the same and trying to laugh at me for the "magic TFs" I was talking about. lol

Ok so series x has 3x the teraflops of series s and 2x as much as one x, one is x capable of 4k etc etc and one s is not yet you say one s is more powerful than one x? This really isn't making sense. Yes the architecture is newer.. A 2020 civic is newer than a 2016 tesla but we know which one is faster. 

28 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yeah, they don't talk about TFs regarding Series S and One X but they sure did talk about them TFs when they compared PS5's 8 vs Series X's 10.

4 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Ok so series x has 3x the teraflops of series s and 2x as much as one x, one is x capable of 4k etc etc and one s is not yet you say one s is more powerful than one x? This really isn't making sense. Yes the architecture is newer.. A 2020 civic is newer than a 2016 tesla but we know which one is faster. 

:cosby2: 

:snoop: 

1 hour ago, Remij said:

:snoop: 

I literally typed out a response, and then thought, ahh fuck it; what's the point.

I mean if were at Civic vs Tesla analogy/understanding, I've got a long night ahead of me.

• dead 1
1 minute ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

If it's more powerful why is it a 1080p console? 

Because NEXT GEN GAMES duh... what res do you think next gen games would run at on a One X? :lemming: 

Jesus christ guys...  It's a "1080p" console... because the games will target that resolution..  The console CAN output 4K... lmao.

• Haha 1
Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

I literally typed out a response, and then thought, ahh fuck it; what's the point.

I mean if were at Civic vs Tesla analogy/understanding, I've got a long night ahead of me.

Exactly.  I'm done with trying to explain it.

I mean, if Cerny's Road to PS5 talk didn't clue them in, then nothing I say will.