Series S is weaker than the One X?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't worry... you'll understand when it comes time for Nintendo to announce their next console. 

Hall of shame. 

So much stupid in this thread.  Remij might as well be talking to a bunch of rocks.  

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

Series S is a POS.

So MS is going to support 3 consoles next gen?

Two with different architectures?

Say whatever you want but One X can do 4k while Series S can't.

That is huge mistake right there.

You think the regular gamer won't notice that?

:D 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

:cosby2: 

Because NEXT GEN GAMES duh... what res do you think next gen games would run at on a One X? :lemming: 

Jesus christ guys...  It's a "1080p" console... because the games will target that resolution..  The console CAN output 4K... lmao.

So next gen is going backwards. That's neat :grimaceleft: teh leap 

2 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

So next gen is going backwards. That's neat :grimaceleft: teh leap 

God you're fucking DUMB. :cosby2: 

Imagine Nvidia releasing other cards than the 3090 which target different price ranges and resolutions.... WHY WOULD THEY POSSIBLY DO THAT?  Talk about going backwards  :drake: 

:snoop: 

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Ok so series x has 3x the teraflops of series s and 2x as much as one x, one is x capable of 4k etc etc and one s is not yet you say one s is more powerful than one x? This really isn't making sense. Yes the architecture is newer.. A 2020 civic is newer than a 2016 tesla but we know which one is faster. 

Stupid comparison.  This is a better comparison.  My 2019 Civic hatchback Sport is quicker and faster than a 2011 Civic Si hatchback because of the ecu, mcu, and turbo improvement despite being lower in horsepower.  That works with your analogy.  Also you are an idiot. 

• dead 1

Even though Malax is indeed stupid, he is posting a sign of things to come.

Xbox One S

Xbox One X

Xbox Series S

Xbox Series X

The 4tf, non-4K model is next-gen, the almost-4K model is not. They're both $300 dollars.

There's a reason why MS started talking about "smart delivery" as some sort of cool feature, when in reality its a necessary thing to do in order to prevent customers from getting into a mess.

And if Series S become primarily stocked for Xbox All-Access, like I think it will, people will walk in saying "I want the $300 Xbox", and they will be told "well, its this model, but we need to sign you up to $25 a month for the next 24 months."

And the people will be like "you telling me that I have to pay $600 over two years for this?"

And its going to be a mess.

1 minute ago, lostfool said:

Stupid comparison.  This is a better comparison.  My 2019 Civic hatchback Sport is quicker and faster than a 2011 Civic Si hatchback because of the ecu, mcu, and turbo improvement despite being lower in horsepower.  That works with your analogy.  Also you are an idiot. 

Lol you drive a civic 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

There's a reason why MS started talking about "smart delivery" as some sort of cool feature, when in reality its a necessary thing to do in order to prevent customers from getting into a mess.

It's a smart thing.. and it is a cool feature.  You're not wasting bandwidth downloading assets that aren't optimized for your particular hardware.

That's simply smart.

Just now, Remij said:

It's a smart thing.. and it is a cool feature.  You're not wasting bandwidth downloading assets that aren't optimized for your particular hardware.

That's simply smart.

Until somebody like Activision and Call of Duty release the same exact textures across all versions.

Because they don't give a goddamn about putting more effort for 3 consoles that aren't expected to carry much marketshare.

And CoD 2021 will be 140GB.

Just now, jehurey said:

Until somebody like Activision and Call of Duty release the same exact textures across all versions.

Because they don't give a goddamn about putting more effort for 3 consoles that aren't expected to carry much marketshare.

And CoD 2021 will be 140GB.

Well.. not all games support smart delivery.  Still... some games supporting it is better than none.  I'm not sure it would be that big of an issue for 3rd parties to optimize their textures for Series S.  In fact I'm sure MS has made the whole thing very easy for them.

Still.. we'll have to just wait and see.  500GB is quite small, there's no denying that.  Wonder what the prices on those 1TB storage expansion cards are going to be?

25 minutes ago, lostfool said:

You are an idiot.

The 19 Civic hatch does 180hp while the 11 SI does 197hp.

A better analogy to what Remij says is saying that the tenth gen turbo SI is faster than 9th gen despite having less displacement and no vtec.