NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 synthetic and gaming performance leaked

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God that 3090 is massive     and sexy as fuck  

Just bought a new case for it, has internal cooling and everything but no PSU. Still a bit worried if there's enough room for the generator but we'll see  

Not gonna lie that's a sexy case     You got good taste breh  

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Remij said:

God that 3090 is massive

and sexy as fuck :whew: 

Just bought a new case for it, has internal cooling and everything but no PSU. Still a bit worried if there's enough room for the generator but we'll see

233780393alt3?$rsp-pdp-port-1080$

• aitch 1
4 minutes ago, bhytre said:

233780393alt3?$rsp-pdp-port-1080$

Not gonna lie that's a sexy case :whew: 

You got good taste breh :smoke: 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

the adapter cable looks too damn short.

that's because the adapter is meant for the final 3 to 5 inches, you have to have two 8-pin cables from your power supply and run them all the way up to the video card, and then you use that "Y" adapter to convert that into a 12-pin connection.

For those with Corsair modular power supplies, they are making their own 8-pin to 12-pin cable in which it looks like one cable because the "Y" split is designed at the power supply end and immediately merges into one cable where the other end is the 12-pin connector.

ampere_psu_cable.png

8 hours ago, jehurey said:

that's because the adapter is meant for the final 3 to 5 inches, you have to have two 8-pin cables from your power supply and run them all the way up to the video card, and then you use that "Y" adapter to convert that into a 12-pin connection.

For those with Corsair modular power supplies, they are making their own 8-pin to 12-pin cable in which it looks like one cable because the "Y" split is designed at the power supply end and immediately merges into one cable where the other end is the 12-pin connector.

ampere_psu_cable.png

I know that....but it still looks too short for my setup. I have no slack left with my current cables, and that’s with the connector on the right edge (compared with the middle one on these cards). I would have to redo a bunch of the cabling which is annoying.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I know that....but it still looks too short for my setup. I have no slack left with my current cables, and that’s with the connector on the right edge (compared with the middle one on these cards). I would have to redo a bunch of the cabling which is annoying.

Fucking assholes... skimping on cables too!

Technically I really don't need a video card until Cyberpunk in November, but I want to buy it now because I fear that nVidia won't be able to provide a re-supply in time, or it won't be enough for all the rabid buyers.

So, if I can't find nothing on the 17th, I'm sure I'll eventually find something within the next two months.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Technically I really don't need a video card until Cyberpunk in November, but I want to buy it now because I fear that nVidia won't be able to provide a re-supply in time, or it won't be enough for all the rabid buyers.

So, if I can't find nothing on the 17th, I'm sure I'll eventually find something within the next two months.

You basically HAVE to get them within the first wave or two, before retailers start marking everything up.  This launch is going to be crazy.  There's too much hype right now for these cards.

On 2020-09-11 at 5:22 PM, Remij said:

None of those are even built to take advantage of the Turing/Ampere architectures either. :geese: 

Although I have not played the new Far Cry, Shadow of the Tomb Raider definitely supports DLSS a Turing now Ampere feature as well as ray-tracing.

Edited by The Mother Fucker