Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Can anyone here explain this?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure can:

Trump’s Health Department Changed CDC Reports on COVID-19 to Fit President’s Message: Report

Published Sep. 11, 2020 11:12PM ET 

Communications aides appointed by President Donald Trump have been reviewing reports from scientists at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and changing them to better align with the Commander in Chief’s sunny message that the United States is beating the coronavirus pandemic, Politico reports. Michael Caputo, a former Trump campaign officer and now the appointed assistant secretary for public affairs of the Department of Health and Human Services, and his deputies have repeatedly requested pre-publication access to the CDC’s weekly Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports and reportedly altered them in several cases since April to lessen the seeming severity of COVID-19.

CDC scientists have fought Caputo and company but in recent weeks have allowed them increasing sway over the reports, according to Politico. Caputo and his aides have also attempted to delay and even halt the release of other reports entirely. Dr. Paul Alexander, an adviser to Caputo, wrote in an August 8 email, “CDC to me appears to be writing hit pieces on the administration.” Trump has asserted multiple times that the new coronavirus will “disappear” and that the U.S. is “rounding the corner” on the pandemic despite nearly 200,000 American deaths from the virus and the highest number of cases in the world.

I love when these guys think they have smoking gun statistics.

Edited by jehurey
16 hours ago, jehurey said:

Sure can:

I love when these guys think they have smoking gun statistics.

It's the same in Canada. Is Trudeau hiding the truth too?

16 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Damn. I wonder if there is a correlation with poorly drawn comics and their stupid messages. 

yeah there is.

Stupid people with an agenda usually don't read them and try to look at the picture quality.

1 minute ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Lmao nice copout 

Sorry............you're the one who copped out by not responding to what I posted.

Like I said, go make your thread, but we know you're not going to make it, because its probably weak ass shit that will get debunked easily.

I swear some people are so sick they want more people to die from Covid so Trump isn't re elected 

How do you figure?

How would consider that SICKER than the Trump administration actually HIDING DEATHS from the American people?

Explain that.

I'll wait.

Just now, jehurey said:

Sorry............you're the one who copped out by not responding to what I posted.

Like I said, go make your thread, but we know you're not going to make it, because its probably weak ass shit that will get debunked easily.

my post relates to the OP  :| 

Just now, jehurey said:

How do you figure?

How would consider that SICKER than the Trump administration actually HIDING DEATHS from the American people?

Explain that.

I'll wait.

where are the deaths "hidden" jehurey? 

where are the deaths "hidden" jehurey? 

Right there in the article. The Trump White House was changing the CDC numbers to suit Trump's narrative.

They literally CHANGED NUMBERS.

Need it dumbed down for you, even more?

Just now, jehurey said:

No it doesn't.

Its baseless whataboutism.

read the OP and read what I wrote. Stop being dense. Our cases have been increasing over the past month while the deaths have continued to drop or flatten. That is what this thread is about. 

6 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

read the OP and read what I wrote. Stop being dense. Our cases have been increasing over the past month while the deaths have continued to drop or flatten. That is what this thread is about. 

Nope, you posted your comment QUOTING ME.

You didn't quote the op.

Did you actually think your weak-ass excuse was actually going to work?