Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Can anyone here explain this?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said a while ago the death rate was plummeting and was immediately attacked by the liberals on this board. Its sad how people avoid logic and let their fervent hate for trump get in the way of everything. But then again they aren't the only people at fault, the media is clearly putting a lot of effort into making covid seem much worse than it actually is.

24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I said a while ago the death rate was plummeting and was immediately attacked by the liberals on this board. Its sad how people avoid logic and let their fervent hate for trump get in the way of everything. But then again they aren't the only people at fault, the media is clearly putting a lot of effort into making covid seem much worse than it actually is.

Trump still sucks but yes the virus doesn't kill as much as it did back in April and May. Even if you account for the 2 week lag, deaths in Canada should be rising if it were same virus as it was in the spring.  Unless of course Trudeau is also manipulating the numbers, or maybe Canada has a completely different virus that magically changed when it crossed the border. 

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Do people not have functioning brains that are capable of parsing common original thought? Like the biggest issue around covid early on was how unaware and prepared people were from it and hospitals being backlogged and or out of resources for life saving equipment which also put a strain on them helping other patients who didn't have covid. 

The virus is most definitely less deadly than before in terms of potency but also the world is better prepared and equipped than before. 

I don't get why Trump throne sniffers are so invested in protecting his honor regarding this. 

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Not only are deaths dropping, but cases are increasing, meaning there's no correlation anymore :bugged:

39 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Not only are deaths dropping, but cases are increasing, meaning there's no correlation anymore :bugged:

Remember when during the peak all the media talked about was deaths? Then they started to decrease, and all of a sudden you barely saw mentions of death, instead the media started clinging to the number of cases when it came to gauging how bad the virus was while brushing aside the falling death rate. Complete fear mongering from biased journalists trying to sway people to vote for Biden like hes somehow going to be the missing link in the government's response to the virus.

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Remember when during the peak all the media talked about was deaths? Then they started to decrease, and all of a sudden you barely saw mentions of death, instead the media started clinging to the number of cases when it came to gauging how bad the virus was while brushing aside the falling death rate. Complete fear mongering from biased journalists trying to sway people to vote for Biden like hes somehow going to be the missing link in the government's response to the virus.

Oh I remember all the stupid debates I had with Hot Sauce (hot sauce didn't have anything stupid to say). But those debates were stupid because we were arguing over the death rate of a new virus we didn't know anything about. 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

200K Americans died in 6 months and you call that fear mongering? :holeup:

They OP has no link or source to back up his claims. 

Rules - 

7. claims need to be backed up w/ links 

Why aren't you enforcing the rules Twinblade? :interesting:

@-GD-, @Alphonse, @Ike

Edited by Goukosan
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

200K Americans died in 6 months and you call that fear mongering? :holeup:

They OP has no link or source to back up his claims. 

Rules - 

7. claims need to be backed up w/ links 

Why aren't you enforcing the rules Twinblade? :interesting:

@-GD-, @Alphonse, @Ike

You know you can google the title of the pic and get the data right? And there have been plenty of times you guys have posted graphs and tables without accompanying links.

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You know you can google the title of the pic and get the data right? And there have been plenty of times you guys have posted graphs and tables without accompanying links.

So he didn't post his source and that's ok right? ..... noted :viktor:

We weren't prepared at first nor did we know as much in terms of treatment. There also was a lack of supplies.  Also testing increased. It's still bad - fucking 200,000 deaths, however obviously not as bad as it once was.

I'm going to assume this is some kind of sad attempt to save face at Trump's complete mis-handling of Covid-19. Like some kind of last ditch effort propaganda. 

Edited by Substatic
9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

There was missing links to the government's response though. This is documented history, this isn't contestable.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/21366624/trump-covid-coronavirus-pandemic-failure

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/08/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/

https://www.startribune.com/a-look-at-the-united-states-unique-failure-in-responding-to-coronavirus/572053602/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/18/us/politics/trump-coronavirus-response-failure-leadership.html

Too much facts to even copy and paste here. Things we know are 100% true now.

That's not to say local leaders did not also mess up. But to say the federal government and Trump administration are not to blame for USA's relatively poor response  (and many deaths) is asinine and and basically cult like.

Edited by Substatic
12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

12 hours ago, Goukosan said:

So he didn't post his source and that's ok right? ..... noted :viktor:

Lol I don't even care about the threads Trumpblade locked out of spite and lies about but it's hilarious watching him constantly making a fool of himself trying to justify his cherry picking threads to lock to "defend" Trump. 

Like sorry bro, people who didn't vote for Trump aren't retarded enough to fall for this bullshit. 

The source is the wall street journal, like I said. I said the source. There is a paywall for it. None of you can afford it. 

here’s the link:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/coronavirus-latest-news-07-10-2020-11594368064

I can’t believe I wasted time refunding the article for you, and it may be a different article. You know how many articles are made about the coronavirus? The pandemic is over, who cares anymore. 

1 hour ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

The source is the wall street journal, like I said. I said the source. There is a paywall for it. None of you can afford it. 

here’s the link:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/coronavirus-latest-news-07-10-2020-11594368064

I can’t believe I wasted time refunding the article for you, and it may be a different article. You know how many articles are made about the coronavirus? The pandemic is over, who cares anymore. 

First, please share what drug you are on. 

Secondly, Lmfao I wouldn't read a rag like the WSJ for free, let alone pay for it. "can't afford it" lol like how much can it fucking be? 5 bucks a month? 

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

First, please share what drug you are on. 

Secondly, Lmfao I wouldn't read a rag like the WSJ for free, let alone pay for it. "can't afford it" lol like how much can it fucking be? 5 bucks a month? 

Idk... I think I’m irritated by some medical condition. Maybe it’s the smoke 😑

3 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

here’s the link:

@Twinblade  @Cooke (not admin cant help

Here is the headline for his source. 

"As Covid-19 Cases Hit Records in U.S., Deaths Begin Trending Higher

Nation’s death toll exceeds 133,000, with average daily fatalities beginning to rise as surge in infections strains hospitals" 

133 deaths in July, 2.5 months later we're at 200K :monkas:

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

@Twinblade  @Cooke (not admin cant help

Here is the headline for his source. 

"As Covid-19 Cases Hit Records in U.S., Deaths Begin Trending Higher

Nation’s death toll exceeds 133,000, with average daily fatalities beginning to rise as surge in infections strains hospitals" 

133 deaths in July, 2.5 months later we're at 200K :monkas:

Do you understand ratios or no?