PS5 showcase Wednesday 9/16 1pm PST/4pm EST OT

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Ok so yea, sites like IGN are confirming it... Demon's Souls is indeed coming to PC :geese: 

Sorry guys... but I got to fucking gloat about this a bit.  Considering all the "lolz you haz to wait 3 years" type shit I've been hearing :smilecry: 

Nice though...  Like I said... same thing with Bloodborne.. Souls games sell TOO DAMN GOOD on PC for Sony not to bring them over.

the only reason why this would be possible is because of Bluepoint, and because Sony would probably need permission from From Software to remake the game.

From Software, wanting to make money, would say "okay, you (Sony) fund development to remake the game, here's our original assets, but have the contractor make a PC port of the game and we (From Software) get a bigger cut from that version."

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lmao someone on twitter said   "PC is like the kid who's parents divorced (PS and Xbox) and gets 2 Christmases"  

Good chat Sony  

DEMON'S SOULS CONFIRMED TO BE A LAUNCH TITLE 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

poor bhyth, he's trying to grasp at anything that he can to make himself feel better.

its pretty funny seeing him that desperate.

I could grab a cow udder if I was truly desperate, but even then they'd probably all be occupied by the forum sheepets :ovolol:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Enjoy man! Souls is indeed gigantic on PC. Wonder how this performs as a Day 1. 

Jesus... it's gonna be a massive launch.

This is EASY money for Sony.

And I gotta say, I'm surprised.  Reading some of the other forums.. with the PC version announced.. I'm not really seeing the crying and whining from the PS fanboys that I would expect from something like this.  I think it's dawning on them that what's better for Sony is better for them.  They're all like.. cool, it's coming to PC too!  Which is surprising to me lol.

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Horizon apparently cross gen too. Very surprised if true. 

Ratchet and Clank however isn't and it launches before Horizon it seems. 

They finished that first game in 2017. Early 2017 (February). I even said that they should've had a sequel already ready for the final year of the PS4.

I bet that's exactly what happened. They had the sequel mostly made for PS4, Sony told them to move it to PS5, and they decided "why not both" and finish up development on both versions.

This would also explain it not being ready PS5 launch, because they decided to work on two versions.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Horizon apparently cross gen too. Very surprised if true. 

Ratchet and Clank however isn't and it launches before Horizon it seems. 

Sony's kinda flubbing their messaging too if that's the case.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

the only reason why this would be possible is because of Bluepoint, and because Sony would probably need permission from From Software to remake the game.

From Software, wanting to make money, would say "okay, you (Sony) fund development to remake the game, here's our original assets, but have the contractor make a PC port of the game and we (From Software) get a bigger cut from that version."

Not sure why Sony would need permission.  They own the IP.

Just now, Remij said:

Jesus... it's gonna be a massive launch.

This is EASY money for Sony.

And I gotta say, I'm surprised.  Reading some of the other forums.. with the PC version announced.. I'm not really seeing the crying and whining from the PS fanboys that I would expect from something like this.  I think it's dawning on them that what's better for Sony is better for them.  They're all like.. cool, it's coming to PC too!  Which is surprising to me lol.

I think on forums most are educated. Souls is gigantic on PC and more associated with FROM even though Sony owns the IP. 

I'd be more disappointed if Horizon is cross gen tbh. Souls on PC just makes so much sense. Like how I said Dreams should've been day 1 PC and probably marketed for PC too. 

Interesting times. The Playstation classics on a GP style system is also a gateway into obviously adding more later.  

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Not sure why Sony would need permission.  They own the IP.

They'd need the original assets and animation files from From Software to re-create the game and give that to Bluepoint.

They did the same thing with remaking Shadow of the Colossus, but Sony would've owned the assets held by Team Ico's computers.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They finished that first game in 2017. Early 2017 (February). I even said that they should've had a sequel already ready for the final year of the PS4.

I bet that's exactly what happened. They had the sequel mostly made for PS4, Sony told them to move it to PS5, and they decided "why not both" and finish up development on both versions.

This would also explain it not being ready PS5 launch, because they decided to work on two versions.

Oh no doubt it was held back. There is many reports sony has held back games for PS5 because they have too many. Same goes for the UC spin off. Apparently it's near ready buy wont be out till like 2022 because year 1 is so stacked. But still expected it to be PS5 exclusive.

Going to be weird have R&C PS5 exclusive then horizon coming out later and being on PS4

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Sony's kinda flubbing their messaging too if that's the case.

Not even delivering the message lol. So much info coming from Geoff Keighley that shouldve been said in the presentation lol 

As if you don't say Demons Souls is a fucking launch title

• Upvote 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

Now reports preorders may be available tomorrow or possibly even today

goddamit, on the same day as the RTX 3080 launch.

goddamn.

And I kinda have to buy the $500 version because I went and bought a LG OLED 4K tv, and I bought a Denon AV Receiver to do Dolby Atmos (with losseless eARC), and the only things that really take advantage of all of that hardware are true 4K UHD Blu-ray movies.

So, paying the extra $100 for watching 4K UHD blu-rays is worth it to me.