FFXVI rumoured to be revealed at PS5 event.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Me too.  Sounds like Sony has this one locked up to for at least a year though :meh: 

So that means it should only be about 7-8 more years until I can enjoy it :tard: 

Getting FF exclusivity would be pretty damn huge.

As if you aren't gonna get a PS5 man. MS already done you a favour in not needing 2 consoles lol

• dead 2
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Getting FF exclusivity would be pretty damn huge.

As if you aren't gonna get a PS5 man. MS already done you a favour in not needing 2 consoles lol

I'm gonna try my hardest.  

But chances are Demon's Souls if anything will get me.  It looks so fucking good.

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm gonna try my hardest.  

But chances are Demon's Souls if anything will get me.  It looks so fucking good.

PS5 is guaranteed to have multiple good exclusives, so you're not investing into 1-2 desired games. It will pay off by the end of the gen imo. Sony first party is now a huge part of the brand when it wasn't even the PS1/PS2 eras. Its like buying a Nintendo system you KNOW the games are coming/

10 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I think console FF fans will all buy a PS5 anyways, it's about keeping it off PC, not XBox imo.

I don't really agree with that, because FF games on PC have NEVER released with their console counterparts.  They've always been a year or so later.  So why the hell would Sony pay for exclusivity for a year if it wasn't to keep it off Xbox?

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

PS5 is guaranteed to have multiple good exclusives, so you're not investing into 1-2 desired games. It will pay off by the end of the gen imo. Sony first party is now a huge part of the brand when it wasn't even the PS1/PS2 eras. Its like buying a Nintendo system you KNOW the games are coming/

Eh.  We'll see a year or so after launch.

I would love to see FF go back to medieval fantasy with swords and magic and drop the sci-fi/steampunk stuff for a while.

Give me characters with... character.  Not just other humans or whatever.

To be completely honest, I don't know exactly what I want from this franchise anymore.. but I know I'd like them to drop the anime "clean" look to the characters and make them more rugged and worn.

Hopefully the rumor is true and we see something soon, but it'll still be a long way away.

Just now, Voidler said:

Who said its time exclusive?

Thats very unlikely

There's been rumors for a while about Sony securing third party timed exclusives, and they've apparently approached every major publisher out there.

FF7R was timed exclusive, so natrually people are thinking FF16 is another likely candidate.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

There's been rumors for a while about Sony securing third party timed exclusives, and they've apparently approached every major publisher out there.

FF7R was timed exclusive, so natrually people are thinking FF16 is another likely candidate.

Hmm I doubt it

FF7R I think was a unique situation though where Sony really wanted that as a platform exclusive and its heritage is so tied to PS legacy that it was important for Sony to tie it up

But Square still seem to favour exclusives a lot of the time though so they probably wouldn't be the hardest sell

they will fuck it up like all the others recently. everytime watching e3 i was excited for a new FF annoucement, I stopped caring after they split up FF13-FF15 crystalis saga and revamped it.

FF is dead they will never go back to the roots. It will be another forgettable open world bullshit like 15.

• Confused 1