Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

"I don't think science knows, actually" - DJT

33 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

I think he could just be the stupidest man on the planet.

Being fair to Trump, he  lives in a world where millions of people listen to his stupid bullshit and act like it's true so what's he to do? Like him telling people that everyone has to wash their clothes 4 or 5 times to get clean because of energy efficient washing machines. Or flush their toilets 7 times. Who is this happening to? Does anyone believe Trump washes his own dishes or clothes? He can say he's 11 feet tall and his supporters will just go along with it. It's creating your own reality. 

• Thanks 1

Quite a true statement. Think of it this way, we've measured global temperatures for just 100 years... suddenly, carbon in the atmosphere went from like 200 PPM to 400 PPM, and we think it's the sole thing that will cook us like jimmy dean. But we've only been measuring temperatures for 100 years, aside from some Ice core data, or Tree ring data, that shows temperature and carbon amount aren't correlated anyway. But the only sure thing is the temperatures we've been measuring for 100 or so years, and during the whole thing, we've seen a slight temperature increase. So, about "knowing" that carbon dioxide is the temperature control knob? Absolutely asinine. For the 100 years we've been measuring the temperature, we've only known warming. 

1 minute ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Quite a true statement. Think of it this way, we've measured global temperatures for just 100 years... suddenly, carbon in the atmosphere went from like 200 PPM to 400 PPM, and we think it's the sole thing that will cook us like jimmy dean. But we've only been measuring temperatures for 100 years, aside from some Ice core data, or Tree ring data, that shows temperature and carbon amount aren't correlated anyway. But the only sure thing is the temperatures we've been measuring for 100 or so years, and during the whole thing, we've seen a slight temperature increase. So, about "knowing" that carbon dioxide is the temperature control knob? Absolutely asinine. For the 100 years we've been measuring the temperature, we've only known warming. 

We've also only been spewing chemicals and toxicins at an industrial level the past 100 years. I can't stress how absurd the thinking that we can do that in every nation on earth and it won't have any impact on the environment. Not to mention that climate impact is falling well with in projections. 

The bigger question is, is it not worth it to try and pollute less? Like why are Republicans such a death cult these days. 

Just now, Liquid said:

We've also only been spewing chemicals and toxicins at an industrial level the past 100 years. I can't stress how absurd the thinking that we can do that in every nation on earth and it won't have any impact on the environment. Not to mention that climate impact is falling well with in projections. 

The bigger question is, is it not worth it to try and pollute less? Like why are Republicans such a death cult these days. 

Actually, the US has some of the cleanest air in the world. Even when it comes to orderless, colorless, trace gas like CO2. 

1 hour ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Nope..........you are trying to use one fact and pretend that science cannot figure out anything before the past 100 years.

Which is idiotic.

Here let me just give you ONE example.

The permafrost that exist contains carbon gases that WE KNOW FOR A FACT have existed for thousands of years, minimum.

The permafrost can only hold this carbon IS IT REMAINS FROZEN, had the temperature been higher in previous millennia, the carbon would've escaped already.

So................you're quite wrong.

Edited by jehurey
14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope..........you are trying to use one fact and pretend that science cannot figure out anything before the past 100 years.

Which is idiotic.

Here let me just give you ONE example.

The permafrost that exist contains carbon gases that WE KNOW FOR A FACT have existed for thousands of years, minimum.

The permafrost can only hold this carbon IS IT REMAINS FROZEN, had the temperature been higher in previous millennia, the carbon would've escaped already.

So................you're quite wrong.

God, did your democrat operatives for your like work come up with that. All you do is repeat democrat propaganda, like straight out of the bottle stuff. 

2 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

God, did your democrat operatives for your like work come up with that. All you do is repeat democrat propaganda, like straight out of the bottle stuff. 

Sorry, let me know when you nut-up to have an actual adult response, instead of turning into another right-wing whiner.

TIL that the things that existed inside your 7th grade science book many years ago is democrat propaganda. LOL

Edited by jehurey
14 hours ago, jehurey said:

Sorry, let me know when you nut-up to have an actual adult response, instead of turning into another right-wing whiner.

TIL that the things that existed inside your 7th grade science book many years ago is democrat propaganda. LOL

You laugh but when I worked in publishing we sold a science series to a network of Cristian schools in TX and I had to remove pages that dealt with things like dinosaurs and evolution. I also had to draw granny bathing suit over a cartoony pic of a woman because she was drawn in a two piece bikini to demonstrate how UV rays caused tans. 

• dead 1