Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

*****NEW RULE - NO MORE CONVERSATIONS ABOUT RACIAL ISSUES******

1 hour ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Yeah too unbiased for you I know. Stick to Vox. 

Aww, don't try to be clever. Bias isn't an issue, they are too free of nuance actually. They basically just repeat what's happened, in a cut and dry fashion. I'll admit "garbage" is heavy handed, but with the Trump administration in particular telling 3rd degree lies on an hourly basis, having them post "Trump shows letter stating he's the smartest man in America."

And that's just it, they repeated what happened in a direct and unbiased fashion, yes. Was the truth served? Or at the very least reasonable scrutiny? It's fine for maybe some updates but no one really learns anything of value. It's why I stopped following them a while back. 

Krystal Ball and whatever that guys name show is legit awful "both sides" nonsense tho. Also bias isn't an automatically bad thing. Bias and honesty can coexist. 

Edited by Liquid
1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Aww, don't try to be clever. Bias isn't an issue, they are too free of nuance actually. They basically just repeat what's happened, in a cut and dry fashion. I'll admit "garbage" is heavy handed, but with the Trump administration in particular telling 3rd degree lies on an hourly basis, having them post "Trump shows letter stating he's the smartest man in America."

And that's just it, they repeated what happened in a direct and unbiased fashion, yes. Was the truth served? Or at the very least reasonable scrutiny? It's fine for maybe some updates but no one really learns anything of value. It's why I stopped following them a while back. 

Krystal Ball and whatever that guys name show is legit awful "both sides" nonsense tho. Also bias isn't an automatically bad thing. Bias and honesty can coexist. 

Your attitude is exactly the problem with journalism right now. You want to replace journalism with activism. An activist pretending to be a journalist is a propagandist. Absolutely can't stand that shit. It also takes a lot longer to get the news because now I have to constantly fact-check these hacks.

:camby:

Edited by Saucer
4 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Your attitude is exactly the problem with journalism right now. You want to replace journalism with activism. An activist pretending to be a journalist is a propagandist. Absolutely can't stand that shit. It also takes a long longer to get the news now because now I have to constantly fact-check these hacks.

:camby:

Lol oh hi Saucer. 

2 hours ago, Liquid said:

No I don't want my news to reaffirm my biases. That's not what news is or should be. 

Their show is commentary, the news on the Hill website is perfectly fine. 

24 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

No I don't want my news to reaffirm my biases. That's not what news is or should be. 

Their show is commentary, the news on the Hill website is perfectly fine. 

Quoting Trump directly saying something like "he inheritted a poor economy" or whatever with absolutely no context is essentially reporting a lie.